Week 16 GDT: AFC East Champs vs New England

Trentwannabe

Turning Turntables GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

For the first time in over two decades, the Bills are AFC East Champions and the New England Patriots are not going to the playoffs. With some help, the Bills can secure the 2nd seed with a win on Monday night.

Bills Injury report:

Patriots Injury report:

Analysis:

The Patriots are dead. At least for 2020. They will be missing Stephon Gilmore on defense and potentially some guys on offense. Buffalo is flying high having won 7 of their last 8 and officially clinching the East last Saturday afternoon after a blowout win in Denver.

With the Bills still have much to play for and the game being in primetime, I do not suspect to see them take their foot off the gas. The Pats are a well coached team (obviously) and damn near beat the Bills in Buffalo early this season. In that game, BB dared the Bills to run the ball and played coverage against Allen. The Bills ran all over them but it kept the game close. The Bills defense was still finding their footing during that time and they are now completely healthy and rolling with back to back weeks of a defensive TD. The way Cam throws the ball, an INT or two is possible. 

If the Bills can contain Newtons running and don't turn the ball over on offense, I don't suspect this will be much of a game. Bills look to make another statement in prime time and show the NFL world that the division truly belongs to them again.

Bills 31
Pats 10

I want so bad to win this week and next week officially sweeping the division. We should win tonight, but division games are always a crapshoot. It looks like the weather is going to be nice for a late December game. It'll be interesting to see if Allen can light up the Pats. He had a tough game against them back in October, but the weather was awful. 

My prediction:

Buffalo 34 NE 17

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

I want so bad to win this week and next week officially sweeping the division. We should win tonight, but division games are always a crapshoot. It looks like the weather is going to be nice for a late December game. It'll be interesting to see if Allen can light up the Pats. He had a tough game against them back in October, but the weather was awful. 

My prediction:

Buffalo 34 NE 17

I am super curious to see how BB plays Allen tonight. I imagine it’s a lot like last time with 6 DBs on the field. He’ll dare the Bills to run and be patient. 

I think our defense is the difference maker tonight. Pats offense is awful. Even worse then when we saw them back in October

We need to stop the run. I do not get the point of continuing with Cam as he is on a 1 year deal and to be honest they have enough tape to decide whether to extend him. It speaks volumes of the disinterest Bill has in Stidham for future. If I were him I would be looking at more tape of what we have long term then worrying about winning a game. With Gilmore out even if we pound the rock like we did last game we can move the ball in passing a bit easier since he is out. Overall I see this being a trap game and him trying to prevent the bills from relaxing next week as they will be locked in to 3rd seed at worst now that Titans lost last night, that and the idea of being swept isn't something he would be happy about. If we lose tonight then we are forced to have all starters next week and back down 1 game from Steelers and 1 game ahead of titans. (which titans win head to head with same record). Ideally we need to get the run game going early and then start looking for diggs to pick the DBs apart. I also want to see some John Brown out there. He doesnt have to play much but it would be nice to have him out there and see how he is doing. I am hoping this game doesn't bite us but if we continue to play like we have then it should be 28-14 bills. I expect it to be closer and down to the wire type win. It may be in Bill's best interest to lose out to land a top qb in the draft but I just dont see him losing on purpose.

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Depends how many you think BUF will score. We struggle to score TDs so I can't see us getting over...17 points. Certainly not above 20 IMO.

I'm of the same belief. Tough to say. I respect Bill too much to say we definitely put up 30, but our offense has been on fire.

8 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Sucks that we cut Kumerow who was subsequently picked off waivers by NO.

Yes I am not sure why they cut him without activating Brown but even if he is activated he would be at most on a limited basis. I think when you upgrade a player from psqaud they have to be signed to the roster long term or let go. I dont know how it works but if that is the case I can see why they didnt want to commit to him because it would mean letting someone else go for playoffs. I am comfortable with Brown not playing today anyways as I think it would be more critical of him being ready for playoffs then possibly hurting himself again if hes not 100%. I wonder if they will activate someone like Duke tonight if he isn't activated

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I'm of the same belief. Tough to say. I respect Bill too much to say we definitely put up 30, but our offense has been on fire.

I completely agree. If it were any team outside of Pats that was already out of the playoffs I think they would go with play safe and not injure any other players for future deals but Bill will want to play tough and not roll over and try to win now rather then go for a better draft pick. They are currently at 15, they can drop to 13 with a loss but can be at 16 if they win.