Week 6 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-2) VS Los Angeles Rams (3-2)

.Buzz

rams.pngjaguars.png

LA RAMS - 3-2                                          Jacksonville Jaguars - 3-2

giphy.gif

Coming back home, 3-2, atop the division, would be a big win as the Rams have looked solid this year. Little worried about that front 7 of theirs as if we want to do anything (like any other week) we need to run the ball. On the opposite side, they have Gurley and an OL that has played pretty damn well this year. I think Goff will struggle with our secondary but if they decide to run the ball consistently it may be a tough game to come out with. If we get semi-decent Bortles that would go a long way.

7 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'm excited for this matchup.  Lots of potentially interesting elements to it.

Little worried about Aaron Donald going off. Best DL in the league. Have been solid against some great fronts but this guy is another animal.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Little worried about Aaron Donald going off. Best DL in the league. Have been solid against some great fronts but this guy is another animal.

You must simply understand that he's going to go off on whoever is in front of him. It's inevitable. The best option we have is to avoid him and not piss him off (Check the Lions game). Don't hold him and keep it clean. Leave him alone and let him get his tackle or 2 for a loss and try to keep him from taking over the game. 

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

I think you mean Calais Campbell.

Calais Campbell has been insane but not sure I am putting him over Aaron Donald. Guess I may give Campbell the nod through the first 5 games this season, but I haven't actively watched a ton of the Rams.

6 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Calais Campbell has been insane but not sure I am putting him over Aaron Donald. Guess I may give Campbell the nod through the first 5 games this season, but I haven't actively watched a ton of the Rams.

I’ve tried to watch as many games as possible, using the 30 minute replays. Of all the DL (and I’m separating this role from standard EDGE players), nobody has showed up as much as Campbell has this year, imo.

Obviously we have inherent bias towards him, but he’s been as disruptive as anybody, and more so. 

Run defense is gonna need to step up and stop Gurley if the team plans to win. I still don’t think Goff is good, and think our pass defense will keep him and the receivers in check. Just need to make sure that Gurley doesn’t run all over us.

More than anything, i'm looking forward to some good taunting of the disproportionate number of my friends who are inexplicably Rams fans.  I think mostly because Greatest Show on Turf and all that jazz.  Come on Jaguar don't let me down now.

Archived