Week 6 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-2) VS Los Angeles Rams (3-2)

.Buzz

Just now, LinderFournette said:

id rather try out Aguayo, Santos, Nugent, Lambo. we know what myers is.  Aguayo has some great talent but i guess hes got a mental block from missing kicks.

Other than not being on the Jaguars, how do those guys offer anything different?

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Other than not being on the Jaguars, how do those guys offer anything different?

Aguayo was the highest kicker picked since nugent and while Aguayo failed in tampa i dont think he was given a fair shake with the bears and theres a reason alot of People liked him coming out. 

Santos(while he isnt a free agent was waived/injured so hes probably cut soon) has been really accurate(84% on Fgs and 96.2 on Xps) and has a solid Kickoff(45% go to touchbacks).

Nugent brings Experience to the STs department. 

lambos career percentages are higher then myers and they both have alot of touchbacks in their short careers.

Myers has Declined in Accuracy every year hes been in the NFL going from 86% to 79% to now 73% so to me he seems like hes a Guy whos on the decline. 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Aguayo was the highest kicker picked since nugent and while Aguayo failed in tampa i dont think he was given a fair shake with the bears and theres a reason alot of People liked him coming out. 

He was so terrible that the team that drafted him that high gave up on him after a year.

Santos(while he isnt a free agent was waived/injured so hes probably cut soon) has been really accurate(84% on Fgs and 96.2 on Xps) and has a solid Kickoff(45% go to touchbacks).

Injured Reserve

Nugent brings Experience to the STs department. 

Has struggled the past few years.

lambos career percentages are higher then myers and they both have alot of touchbacks in their short careers.

Same issues as Myers.

Myers has Declined in Accuracy every year hes been in the NFL going from 86% to 79% to now 73% so to me he seems like hes a Guy whos on the decline. 

He's 11/12 on kicks under 50 yards.

Just now, jrry32 said:

He was so terrible that the team that drafted him that high gave up on him after a year.

Injured Reserve

Has struggled the past few years.

Same issues as Myers.

He's 11/12 on kicks under 50 yards.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/cairo-santos-waived-off-injured-reserve/

theres a reason Aguayo was hyped up as a prospect. while he wasnt touted with a huge leg he was considered very accurate. 

Lambo has Made 81.3% of his kicks each year. not great but its Certainly better then Myers.  then you have the XP  where hes making 89.7 which is 3% better then Myers. to say he wouldnt be a true upgrade is Laughable. 

it doesnt Matter how accurate he is on under 50 yards. the reason the team likes his is his strong leg and clearly that Strong Leg isnt accurate outside of 50 yards and given how this team struggles moving the ball we need a Guy who can make the longer kicks more consistently. 

3 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/cairo-santos-waived-off-injured-reserve/

theres a reason Aguayo was hyped up as a prospect. while he wasnt touted with a huge leg he was considered very accurate. 

Lambo has Made 81.3% of his kicks each year. not great but its Certainly better then Myers.  then you have the XP  where hes making 89.7 which is 3% better then Myers. to say he wouldnt be a true upgrade is Laughable. 

it doesnt Matter how accurate he is on under 50 yards. the reason the team likes his is his strong leg and clearly that Strong Leg isnt accurate outside of 50 yards and given how this team struggles moving the ball we need a Guy who can make the longer kicks more consistently. 

In that case, Santos is a decent enough option when healthy.

Aguayo was hyped up because people looked at the numbers. He was a thoroughly average kicker beyond 40 yards without a strong leg. And he fell to pieces in the NFL due to mechanical issues.

Myers has made 81.0%. Lambo has made 81.3%. That's a minimal difference. And then when you look at the averages, Lambo is far less accurate than Myers from 40 yards and beyond. You're not gaining anything with him.

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'd ride it out and give him some easy kicks to build confidence.

Can I ask how we would have done this? Because he can’t even make XPs. Do we need to get to the 5 yard line and just give up on a TD to give him 25 yarders?

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

In that case, Santos is a decent enough option when healthy.

Aguayo was hyped up because people looked at the numbers. He was a thoroughly average kicker beyond 40 yards without a strong leg. And he fell to pieces in the NFL due to mechanical issues.

Myers has made 81.0%. Lambo has made 81.3%. That's a minimal difference. And then when you look at the averages, Lambo is far less accurate than Myers from 40 yards and beyond. You're not gaining anything with him.

Your sending a message about accountability. We arent losing much with lambo

12 hours ago, jrry32 said:

There’s actually more to it than mechanical issues. He changed his kicking style for some reason, and it screwed with his head so much that he basically had a mental breakdown. The Bucs had him seeing a psychologist weekly.

Not that this changes your argument at all. He’s never going to be the Kicker he could have been.  He’s fundamentally broken. But just wanted to give this more than a “yeah, he just lost his groove, maybe some time away to clear his head can fix it” to counter the argument.

9 hours ago, iPwn said:

I bet the low ticket sales was more because we had a team that just moved come in. No away fans to buy tickets.

Call that what you will.

I'm kind of curious how that would work.

I know Jacksonville typically sells quite a healthy portion of seats to "away" fans.  Both with the more transient nature of military folks who carry their own NFL allegiances with them to Jacksonville, and with ticket prices being low plus Florida weather for fans of teams where it's darn cold already in October/November.  But i'm not really sure how that would apply to a team moving from one non-Jacksonville place to another.  Do the Rams have less fans in the area now because they switched cities?

I guess it would check out in the sense that people aren't so likely to be getting away from California weather to see a game in Florida.  But i don't think that would really explain just how dismal the turnout seemed to be.

10 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Your sending a message about accountability. We arent losing much with lambo

Accountability is a nice thing to preach, but if it makes your team worse, you're better off not doing it. A lot of Rams fans were screaming accountability a couple years ago when Zuerlein was struggling. I'm glad the Rams FO was smart enough to realize that it would have been a bad idea to let him go.

I'm not saying Myers is anything special. His terrible PAT kicking makes zero sense. The Jaguars cutting him (which I saw they did) is a justifiable move, but I think Lambo is an arguably worse kicker.

I hope it works out, but I would have waited on Santos.

20 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I'm kind of curious how that would work.

I know Jacksonville typically sells quite a healthy portion of seats to "away" fans.  Both with the more transient nature of military folks who carry their own NFL allegiances with them to Jacksonville, and with ticket prices being low plus Florida weather for fans of teams where it's darn cold already in October/November.  But i'm not really sure how that would apply to a team moving from one non-Jacksonville place to another.  Do the Rams have less fans in the area now because they switched cities?

I guess it would check out in the sense that people aren't so likely to be getting away from California weather to see a game in Florida.  But i don't think that would really explain just how dismal the turnout seemed to be.

Largely tongue in cheek referring to the infancy of the LA Rams fandom.

Archived