Week 6 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-2) VS Los Angeles Rams (3-2)

.Buzz

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Everyone has all year. So not worried until someone stops it and balls out on offense.

Most teams have stopped it. Hell, even the Steelers were somewhat stopping it before the 90 yard TD run when the game was already over.

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Most teams have stopped it. Hell, even the Steelers were somewhat stopping it before the 90 yard TD run when the game was already over.

Ehhh, felt fairly in control running wise despite what the stats show.

Fournette's YPC haven't been as high as what you'd hope before that 90 yard run last week, but he was pretty consistently getting the 3-4 yards with a random 10-12 yard carry in every game we've had besides that Tennesse game where we had to pass due to 1st and 20+/being way behind.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Fournette's YPC haven't been as high as what you'd hope before that 90 yard run last week, but he was pretty consistently getting the 3-4 yards with a random 10-12 yard carry in every game we've had besides that Tennesse game where we had to pass due to 1st and 20+/being way behind.

I'm fine with y'all trying to nickel and dime us. Your defense is great, but our offense is top 5 in YPG and #2 in PPG. I'll take my chances.

8 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm fine with y'all trying to nickel and dime us. Your defense is great, but our offense is top 5 in YPG and #2 in PPG. I'll take my chances.

The way our defense is playing...

Same.

2 hours ago, .Buzz said:

The way our defense is playing...

Same.

Good. We have two strong units going head-to-head. It's just interesting to me that y'all seem to discount how good our offense has been. Even Seattle wasn't shutting us down, we screwed ourselves in that game with a bunch of (flukey) mistakes.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Good. We have two strong units going head-to-head. It's just interesting to me that y'all seem to discount how good our offense has been. Even Seattle wasn't shutting us down, we screwed ourselves in that game with a bunch of (flukey) mistakes.

No one is saying your offense isn't very solid. But unless we get another game like Tennessee where we are turning it over like crazy/our OL gets holding call after holding call to setup 1st and 20+ (which as you can imagine isn't great for an offense that has poor QB play and relies on running the ball setting up 3rd and short) than I'm not worried about any offense really with the way our defense is playing. Game was close against TEN even with the offense doing that but got worn down from being on the field constantly which caused a blowout.

If our offense can stay on the field and move the chains here and there than I believe in our defense against your offense. Just played Big Ben+Bell+AB along with a stout OL and we did quite well. Goff/Kupp/Gurley and co. are nice young players sure, but not freaking out over that. You don't seem to be too worried about our defense so I think it goes both ways here...our pass defense is doing historically good through the first 5 games this year.

8 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

No one is saying your offense isn't very solid. But unless we get another game like Tennessee where we are turning it over like crazy/our OL gets holding call after holding call to setup 1st and 20+ (which as you can imagine isn't great for an offense that has poor QB play and relies on running the ball setting up 3rd and short) than I'm not worried about any offense really with the way our defense is playing. Game was close against TEN even with the offense doing that but got worn down from being on the field constantly which caused a blowout.

If our offense can stay on the field and move the chains here and there than I believe in our defense against your offense. Just played Big Ben+Bell+AB along with a stout OL and we did quite well. Goff/Kupp/Gurley and co. are nice young players sure, but not freaking out over that. You don't seem to be too worried about our defense so I think it goes both ways here...our pass defense is doing historically good through the first 5 games this year.

I've given your defense a ton of credit. As for Pittsburgh, their offense has talented, but it hasn't performed that well this year. Going into the Jaguars game, they were averaging 22.5 PPG and 322 yards per game. The Rams are currently averaging 30.4 PPG and 382 yards per game.

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I've given your defense a ton of credit. As for Pittsburgh, their offense has talented, but it hasn't performed that well this year. Going into the Jaguars game, they were averaging 22.5 PPG and 322 yards per game. The Rams are currently averaging 30.4 PPG and 382 yards per game.

Where have you given our defense a ton of credit? All I've seen is you coming in here saying  that you expect Goff to have a solid game, your defense will sell out against the run so they'll shut down Fournette, Gurley will be a difference maker and win you guys the game, and we aren't respecting your offense enough. Not sure just saying our secondary is legit is giving us a ton of credit to our defense.

Too each their own though I guess.

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Where have you given our defense a ton of credit? All I've seen is you coming in here saying  that you expect Goff to have a solid game, your defense will sell out against the run so they'll shut down Fournette, Gurley will be a difference maker and win you guys the game, and we aren't respecting your offense enough. Not sure just saying our secondary is legit is giving us a ton of credit to our defense.

Too each their own though I guess.

16 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I doubt he'll have a hell of a game. Y'all's secondary is legit, but he won't embarrass himself imo. I think he'll do enough for us to pull out a win (although, Gurley will be the difference-maker).

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Feel like that pretty much proves my point. That sounds like "he'll have a solid game" to me. You pretty much said he won't be amazing but won't be ****. Pretty much puts him in the middle ground for me which I characterize as "solid".

6 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Feel like that pretty much proves my point. That sounds like "he'll have a solid game to me". You pretty much said he won't be amazing but won't be ****. Pretty much puts him in the middle ground for me which I characterize as "solid".

Despite us having a top 5 offense by just about any measure, my posts make it clear that I think we're going to have issues with scoring on your defense. I think we'll do just enough to win because your offense isn't going to put up a lot of points. If that's not respect to your defense, I don't know what is. You certainly aren't giving our offense that much credit.

Look, I'm not here to get in a pizzing match. I'm just going to move on.

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Despite us having a top 5 offense by just about any measure, my post makes it clear that I think we're going to have issues with scoring on your defense. I think we'll do just enough to win because your offense isn't going to put up a lot of points. If that's not respect to your defense, I don't know what is. You certainly aren't giving our offense that much credit.

May want to go back to the opening post where I said you guys have Gurley and an OL who has played damn well this year but I expect our elite secondary to shut down Goff.

IDK man, I guess if you expect to come into opposing teams GDT and see constant heaps of love with everything Rams I'm not sure what to say. I'm sorry I guess?

23 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Final score 28-6

not sure who wins tho

Jaguars fans start to get excited about the team then have a showing like that...man it would be ugly.

Hope we have a good game for the home crowd. Kind of ridiculous how we've played so well on the road this year and got totally wrecked our one time in Jacksonville. Better not have a 2nd version of that tomorrow.

Archived