Week 6 GDT: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-2) VS Los Angeles Rams (3-2)

.Buzz

I think it'll be a good test of the defense.  I'm not a full believer in the Rams offense, or our defense (considering we haven't really shut down an offense that was otherwise really firing off yet).  Hoping our defense comes out on top...but as usual, that's probably going to have a lot to do with how well the offense takes care of the ball, and how many actual drives they can put together to give the defense a rest.

39 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Apparently we are going up against Warner, Faulk, Holt and Bruce tomorrow.

Greatest Show on Turf 38, Jags 13.

#2 in PPG

#5 in YPG

#5 in Points Per Drive

#7 in Yards Per Drive

#3 in Scoring Percentage

#4 in Yards Per Play

And that's despite the Rams throwing away 20+ points last week on mistakes against Seattle. This may not be the GSOT, but you're in for a rude awakening if you think our offense is the same joke it was in the past. My opinion is that the Jaguars' defense is legit. That will make this a fun game. We'll see a top offense against a top defense.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

#2 in PPG

#5 in YPG

#5 in Points Per Drive

#7 in Yards Per Drive

#3 in Scoring Percentage

#4 in Yards Per Play

And that's despite the Rams throwing away 20+ points last week on mistakes against Seattle. This may not be the GSOT, but you're in for a rude awakening if you think our offense is the same joke it was in the past. My opinion is that the Jaguars' defense is legit. That will make this a fun game. We'll see a top offense against a top defense.

You keep putting words in our mouth. Who here is "disrespecting" your offense? You just keep making it out to be some elite, high powered, unstoppable powerhouse of a unit and freak out if anyone thinks differently.

KMzVL_f-maxage-0.gif?c=popkey-web&p=usa_

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

You keep putting words in our mouth. Who here is "disrespecting" your offense? You just keep making it out to be some elite, high powered, unstoppable powerhouse of a unit and freak out if anyone thinks differently.

Bud, I'm very calm. If I wasn't calm, I wouldn't be saying nice things about the Jaguars. I responded to a poster who acted like I claimed the Rams are the GSOT. So pot meet kettle on putting words in people's mouths (and you actually did the exact same thing in your post). I simply posted the facts. The Rams are a top offense this year. The Jaguars are a top defense. It'll be fun to see how the games goes tomorrow. I wish I could go.

9 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Bud, I'm very calm. If I wasn't calm, I wouldn't be saying nice things about the Jaguars. I responded to a poster who acted like I claimed the Rams are the GSOT. So pot meet kettle on putting words in people's mouths (and you actually did the exact same thing in your post). I simply posted the facts. The Rams are a top offense this year. The Jaguars are a top defense. It'll be fun to see how the games goes tomorrow. I wish I could go.

Telling you to calm down is putting words in your mouth?

How did I do the exact same thing in my post?

Just now, .Buzz said:

Telling you to calm down is putting words in your mouth?

How did I do the exact same thing in my post?

"You just keep making it out to be some elite, high powered, unstoppable powerhouse of a unit and freak out if anyone thinks differently."

I've made clear that I think our offense is a top unit, but I haven't acted anywhere like it's unstoppable. In fact, I've said the opposite in this thread:

"Despite us having a top 5 offense by just about any measure, my posts make it clear that I think we're going to have issues with scoring on your defense. I think we'll do just enough to win because your offense isn't going to put up a lot of points."

I like the Jaguars. I root for them when they're not playing the Rams. I want them to do well this year. I wish them the best of luck after this week. I think and am hopeful that the Rams find a way to pull this one out. I don't think the Rams' offense is a fluke. I don't think the Jaguars' defense is a fluke. You can tell that both units have talented and are playing up to the stats.

5 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

"You just keep making it out to be some elite, high powered, unstoppable powerhouse of a unit and freak out if anyone thinks differently."

I've made clear that I think our offense is a top unit, but I haven't acted anywhere like it's unstoppable. In fact, I've said the opposite in this thread:

"Despite us having a top 5 offense by just about any measure, my posts make it clear that I think we're going to have issues with scoring on your defense. I think we'll do just enough to win because your offense isn't going to put up a lot of points."

I like the Jaguars. I root for them when they're not playing the Rams. I want them to do well this year. I wish them the best of luck after this week. I think and am hopeful that the Rams find a way to pull this one out. I don't think the Rams' offense is a fluke. I don't think the Jaguars' defense is a fluke. You can tell that both units have talented and are playing up to the stats.

Honestly, the way you are talking and have said several times in this thread that we aren't "respecting" your offense enough sure seems like you are making your offense out to be exactly what I said. 

Either way, I'm done with this back and forth. Both teams will show it on the field, no need to harp on the opposing teams game thread on the fans not talking up the opposing teams offense. Never seen any opppsing fans do that before. They may come in and talk up there team, but sit here and get upset that the fans arent giving a team enough credit is odd.

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Honestly, the way you are talking and have said several times in this thread that we aren't "respecting" your offense enough sure seems like you are making your offense out to be exactly what I said. 

Either way, I'm done with this back and forth. Both teams will show it on the field, no need to harp on the opposing teams game thread on the fans not talking up the opposing teams offense. Never seen any opppsing fans do that before. They may come in and talk up there team, but sit here and get upset that the fans arent giving a team enough credit is odd.

It's odd? I think that's pretty typical of good-natured trash talking. Do opposing fans not usually come into these threads?

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

It's odd? I think that's pretty typical of good-natured trash talking. Do opposing fans not usually come into these threads?

Oh they do. But they dont harp on us not talking up their team enough. Not sure why you are expecting an opposing team forum to be filled with a bunch of positive Rams talk. 

Come in here and talk up your team and give us info all you want, but being upset that we aren't "respecting" a unit on your team enough? Like what?

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Oh they do. But they dont harp on us not talking up their team enough. Not sure why you are expecting an opposing team forum to be filled with a bunch of positive Rams talk. 

Come in here and talk up your team and give us info all you want, but being upset that we aren't "respecting" a unit on your team enough? Like what?

Eh, I figured since we aren't rivals that there would be a healthy amount of respect going around. Regardless, it doesn't matter. We shall see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully, we'll see y'all again in the Super Bowl!

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Eh, I figured since we aren't rivals that there would be a healthy amount of respect going around. Regardless, it doesn't matter. We shall see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully, we'll see y'all again in the Super Bowl!

I'd be down with that.

I was a Rams fan when I first started watching football at 6 or 7. Marshall Faulk was my guy when I was little. Warner/Faulk/Bruce/Holt with guys like Archuleta and Little. Was really sad when they left STL even though I don't follow them anymore.

I feel like jrry32 is kinda an honorary Jags pseudo-fan anyway tbh.  At least by volume of posts he's made in our forum, being well above average for a rando from the other team boards.  Even when he's not just talking up the Rams.  Which makes it less weird that he's in here hyping up Greatest Show on Turf 2.0 or whatever this week.

But Goff is still going to get mauled by our DLine, and no amount of hype man talk ups is gonna stop it.  Maybe.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like jrry32 is kinda an honorary Jags pseudo-fan anyway tbh.  At least by volume of posts he's made in our forum, being well above average for a rando from the other team boards.  Even when he's not just talking up the Rams.  Which makes it less weird that he's in here hyping up Greatest Show on Turf 2.0 or whatever this week.

But Goff is still going to get mauled by our DLine, and no amount of hype man talk ups is gonna stop it.  Maybe.

No I get it, but I just found it a little odd that he expected the opposing team forum to be all over the Rams offense in a good way. IDK, maybe it's just me I guess. When I go into an opposing teams forum I do talk up the Jaguars (if they deserve to be), but I don't expect their fans to be doing so. If they are, awesome, if not then I just hope we show it on the field that Sunday and shut them up/change their mind.

Knowing the Rams/Jags history, wouldn't shock me at all if one of the teams just laid an egg tomorrow. Either our defense just has a mediocre game and they score 20-30+ OR our defense just completely dominates their offense/hold them to 12 or below (most of their points come off a turnover or two from Blake).

15 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

No I get it, but I just found it a little odd that he expected the opposing team forum to be all over the Rams offense in a good way. IDK, maybe it's just me I guess. When I go into an opposing teams forum I do talk up the Jaguars (if they deserve to be), but I don't expect their fans to be doing so. If they are, awesome, if not then I just hope we show it on the field that Sunday and shut them up/change their mind.

Knowing the Rams/Jags history, wouldn't shock me at all if one of the teams just laid an egg tomorrow. Either our defense just has a mediocre game and they score 20-30+ OR our defense just completely dominates their offense/hold them to 12 or below (most of their points come off a turnover or two from Blake).

I'd be pretty supremely impressed if we hold their offense to 12 or less.  Even if we do take away the air for the most part, Gurley is no joke.  They could counterpunch right with us just on the ground.  It's not like our defense has been that stellar against the run so far (even without that NYJ run - he was down!!!  arghhhh!!!).  

Archived