IMO they should have an MVP at all groups. O-Line, D-Line, LB, WR, RB, QB, DBs, Special Teams

mdonnelly21

Thoughts?

Otherwise it's the MVQB and it makes sense. The QB position is so much more valuable than any other One single position that it's hard not to give it to them. 

But it's still unfair considering the difference in value makes it almost impossible for other positions to be recognized. 

Imagine the debate at WR for example.

MVWR 

Hopkins, Julio, Adams, Hill all have a solid case. That would be a fun debate, because they are very close to eachother in talent/skill/production...ect

Edited by mdonnelly21

I wouldn't be opposed it.  

However, the one big problem I can see with this is that you are ultimately watering down the MVP award, and before you know it everyone and their mother would be declared "HOF worthy" which also waters down the HOF as well.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

I think they should still keep MVP, but also add top position awards as well. I’d give them classic offensive player names as well. Award ceremony profits get donated to charity of the choice of the winning player (though obviously they keep the award). Player who wins also gets a bonus of like 50k from the NFL (of which they can choose to do whatever they’d like with).

Jerry Rice award
Tony Gonzalez award
Joe Montana award
Jim Brown award (Walter Payton already taken)
Jonathan Ogden award

From there, the MVP could be reserved for the most outstanding player in the league, regardless of position. The award could determine “value” to mean, to their respective unit. Each team would be able to nominate ONE such player from their team for the award and then based on those 32 nominations (voted on by the team); teams could put together a short video of like 3 minutes where they explain/pimp said nomination.

From there I’d have the coaches, players, and front office personnel vote for the two best players (just in case its that close)... only the system would be weighted so that votes for players your team has faced that season weigh more than players they have not faced.

Players and coaches are too busy to be watching all the games and so I imagine they catch the highlights only outside of the games they play, however they are (or should be) studying tape of the guys they face that season... they also see them on the field.

I’m sure some statistician will reveal to me the flaws in my system that could be improved upon, but my hope is that it would eliminate some of the popularity that we see from the NFL players top 100 list, while still acknowledging that these guys know who can play and who can’t more than anyone else. If there’s a more optimal system that can produce such results, then I’m all for it. But this is what I’d propose. The media could still do their own AP MVP award as well and we can see how it all compares. More information for the HOF to consider when determining who should go in and who shouldn’t.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I think it's important to not hurt anyone's feelings, and make sure we award all NFL players who played a snap during the season a participation trophy instead of an MVP trophy. They're all winners.

Not sure about this.

What about players who worked hard in meetings and in practice but didnt get snaps yet?

Love from GB comes to mind

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

But did he participate in a single snap on the field? If not then no. Even holders would count.

no he didnt.

Im very concerned that Jordan Loves confidence will be shattered when he sees those trophies go out to pretty much everyone on the team but him, when hes been working his butt off in the meeting rooms

• Like 1