The good, bad, and ugly Ham sandwich vs Big Tuna

raidr4life

Good

• Waller is still good, maybe getting even better. 
  • Algohor made some plays
  • Some QB pressure 
  • Overall team came out with energy when I figure half of them might have packed it in

Bad

• I thought Kolton got blasted a couple times. He's had a pretty good year overall but the bull rush got him today.
  • Not horrific but would have been nice to see Ruggs come down with that long ball. Hit him in the hands
  • Tackling on D 

Ugly

• Gruden's red zone offense continues to be very poor
  • Scripted plays to Witten are baffling. May as well put Ruggs as KR or PR if you're not going to use him on offense. 
  • Carlson's missed XP timing
  • Anti-clutch team in big moments. Jets game doesn't count in my eyes Jets threw that harder than Raiders won it.
  • Face mask and big throw given up. Incredible

Good:

Waller

Carr coming off an injury. Given his history, I worried about his psyche. He was up for the challenge. Not spectacular, but he didn't crumble. 

Agholor

The run D for much of the game. 

Bad:

The rest of the performance.

Injuries and guys getting banged up.

Ugly:

Everything else not already listed except...

Unacceptable:

Not playing for the TD despite a FG not putting the game away decisively. I don't care what anyone says, with our D, any amount of time that gives even a remote possibility is too much time. Period. You do that when there's literally no time left, when the opponent needs to score twice, or when the FG makes it a 7-8+ point game. Not a 2 point game. 100% you make them march ALL THE WAY INTO THE OTHER END ZONE, not "within end zone range" as you do with FG range. Just outright dumb on the part of Gruden. We can chalk up enough losses this year to decisions very similar to that as to why we won't see the team again after next weekend until next August/September. Bad coaching is bad coaching. We were better off with Jack del Rio and his desire to win than we are with Gruden''s ego and complacency in collecting those huge paychecks. 

In 3 years with Gruden, we've won 1 more game in a season than what got del Rio fired. We might do it a second time. We haven't improved. At least with del Rio, we FOUGHT for 6-10. He coached his heart out for 6-10. Gruden makes dumb decisions for 7-9 type seasons that, this year, was almost more like 5-11 or worse. That's just totally unacceptable. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Good

• Waller is still good, maybe getting even better. 
  • Algohor made some plays
  • Some QB pressure 
  • Overall team came out with energy when I figure half of them might have packed it in

Bad

• I thought Kolton got blasted a couple times. He's had a pretty good year overall but the bull rush got him today.
  • Not horrific but would have been nice to see Ruggs come down with that long ball. Hit him in the hands
  • Tackling on D 

Ugly

• Gruden's red zone offense continues to be very poor
  • Scripted plays to Witten are baffling. May as well put Ruggs as KR or PR if you're not going to use him on offense. 
  • Carlson's missed XP timing
  • Anti-clutch team in big moments. Jets game doesn't count in my eyes Jets threw that harder than Raiders won it.
  • Face mask and big throw given up. Incredible

Waller is getting better. I thought he had a pretty mediocre start to the year and now look at the monster performances he's churning out. Elite player.

Some more good because why not.

Littleton looked like he was flying around. Finally put in a position to succeed. Idc about pff, he's a baller.

Joyner looked excellent from what I saw. Making a case to be back next year at free safety.

Abram looked much better flying around in the box.

Vickers showed enough to stick around next year. Same goes for Lawson (as CB4).

Renfrow looks like a vet in year 2. 
Jacobs was doing his thing because the run blocking finally opened some holes.

Ruggs continues to draw double coverage down the field. Can he beat it and get more chances to show off improved route running? We'll see (looking at you gruden).

Carr toughed it out and showed poise to not turn it over and put us in good positions to win.

• Like 2