The good, bad, and ugly Ham sandwich vs Big Tuna

raidr4life

5 hours ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Anti-clutch team in big moments. Jets game doesn't count in my eyes Jets threw that harder than Raiders won it.

Absolute nonsense.

Teams simply dont throw games. High risk call by Greg Willians and great play by Carr and Ruggs. Why win against the Rams if they are 'tanking'?

What a strange game to watch, for the mist part we seemed in control, defensively playing at a reasonable level and gad chance after chance to put it away. Dreadful way to lose and I put it 90% on the coaching. Just very, very conservative again and play calls don't seem bold or confident.

The Good

Renfrow looked class all day, super player who gas a great feel for soft spots

Agholor continues to make big plays and exceed his FA stock, just shouldn't be our #1.

Carr played a fine game, showed guts with the injury, kept plays alive, and did more than enough for us to win.

Defense made Tua look like a rookie and showed flashes of being an NFL calibre unit, saw guys flying to the ball and playing with more urgency which us a start.

Jacobs looked good again and Waller was superb.

The Bad

Lack of pass rush again, we did get some pressure but it was from Tua holding the ball too long mostly.

Tackling is still iffy and should be better.

Dropped interceptions, Lawson had one go right through his hands again and Leavitt dropped an admittedly tough one. Ruggs also had a ball hit both his hands in the end zone and that's 3 big plays missed. None were easy but if you make 1 of the 3 you win the game. 

Missed XP and errors at crucial moments, good teams don't do that.

I really am at a loss as to why we can't get Ruggs more involved. I saw Carr go to Agholor for a 1st down throw when Ruggs was breaking 1 on 1 deep, but I didnt see any other obvious plays where we ignored or didnt see him. Frustrating.

The Ugly 

Losing in such a pathetic way, we beat ourselves.

Paying a head coach 100 million for him to fold in pressure situations and make head scratching calls, we should expect better. 

Going from 6-3 with the very hard part of the schedule behind us and just folding yet again. Frustrating 😤

Edited by Darbsk

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's outta here. Terrible trade.

Should have traded for Campbell and/or Ngakoue if we were gonna toss some picks up for grabs.

I don't understand them trading for these guys and having no idea how they actually fit. 

Zay Jones is another one. Gruden called him the most improved player coming into the season. He has 12 catches on the season lol

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr and Gruden are both mediocre, as long as those two are the QB/HC this franchise will be mediocre. It's that simple.

There is a deeper cultural issue here with this team. They have 1 winning season in the last 18 years. They are worst franchise in football now statistically. 

I don't know the answer to how you change the culture. The thought was Gruden's clout and celebrity could turn things around, but even Chucky hasn't cracked the code on how to reset this franchise. Even moving the whole thing to a new city, they can't wash themselves of their past. 

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr and Gruden are both mediocre, as long as those two are the QB/HC this franchise will be mediocre. It's that simple.

This. One has got to go. Offense looked alive with Mariota so im leaning towards carr getting the boot. Can we just see Mariota with hr3 1 freakin time Tho 

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

This. One has got to go. Offense looked alive with Mariota so im leaning towards carr getting the boot. Can we just see Mariota with hr3 1 freakin time Tho 

Look at how the Eagles offense has transformed with Jalen Hurts. Look at how the Cardinals offense has transformed with Kyler Murray. We need a mobile, dynamic QB.

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

We need a new rookie qb Some Young blood 

We need to rebuild the defensive line, a competent defensive coordinator, a new franchise QB, a new offensive coordinator (that actually calls the plays), and for Gruden to stop being in charge of personnel decisions. 

• Like 1