The good, bad, and ugly Ham sandwich vs Big Tuna

raidr4life

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We need to rebuild the defensive line, a competent defensive coordinator, a new franchise QB, a new offensive coordinator (that actually calls the plays), and for Gruden to stop being in charge of personnel decisions. 

Imo rookie qbs don’t require everything to succeed and that rookie contract allows you to build the other side of the ball. 

vet qbs like carr are like a high maintenance chick that requires everything perfect oline, perfect targets, perfect defense etc etc. imo we spent to much money and resources to make carr comfortable we forgot the other side of the ball. 

last night carr has almost a full complete offensive roster around him and couldn’t seal the deal for tds. Which is why I like Mariota from the little we’ve seen he just says f it I’ll do it myself. Carr says f it I’ll throw it outa bounds 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Imo rookie qbs don’t require everything to succeed and that rookie contract allows you to build the other side of the ball. 

vet qbs like carr are like a high maintenance chick that requires everything perfect oline, perfect targets, perfect defense etc etc. imo we spent to much money and resources to make carr comfortable we forgot the other side of the ball. 

Carr's contract is pretty reasonable too in comparison to what other guys have gotten and we still haven't been able to build a winner around him. Gruden's ultra conservative and so is Carr and it has cost us multiple games this season, which was the difference between a playoff appearance and another non-winning season. 

We're essentially like a worse version of what the Chiefs were with Alex Smith. We've invested heavy into the OL and skill position players but with a conservative QB like Carr you're never going to be a true contender unless you have an elite defense. 

I'd be in favor of moving on from Carr, investing that money into some high profile defensive free agents, and then moving up in the draft for a QB like Zach Wilson. Bring Mariota back and let those two battle it out for the starting QB job because we'll have an above average OL and good group of weapons to support them. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr's contract is pretty reasonable too in comparison to what other guys have gotten and we still haven't been able to build a winner around him. Gruden's ultra conservative and so is Carr and it has cost us multiple games this season, which was the difference between a playoff appearance and another non-winning season. 

We're essentially like a worse version of what the Chiefs were with Alex Smith. We've invested heavy into the OL and skill position players but with a conservative QB like Carr you're never going to be a true contender unless you have an elite defense. 

I'd be in favor of moving on from Carr, investing that money into some high profile defensive free agents, and then moving up in the draft for a QB like Zach Wilson. Bring Mariota back and let those two battle it out for the starting QB job because we'll have an above average OL and good group of weapons to support them. 

Comparison purposes only 

carr will make about 20-21 mill next year 

while 

Unamed Rookie qb will make 6-7 mill next year

14mill difference 

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Comparison purposes only 

carr will make about 20-21 mill next year 

while 

Unamed Rookie qb will make 6-7 mill next year

14mill difference 

I'm all for moving on from Carr this offseason and spending that money on a high profile defensive free agent.

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Absolute nonsense.

Teams simply dont throw games. High risk call by Greg Willians and great play by Carr and Ruggs. Why win against the Rams if they are 'tanking'?

Where did I say they were tanking? Teams make horrible play calls and decisions all the time. See: Raiders yesterday. You think the Dolphins made a great play to heave the ball to a wide open receiver and get face masked? 

The Jets blew an easy close out victory. Has nothing to do with tanking they just threw the game because they are bad. Like the Raiders threw the game yesterday. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

We wanted to win our coaching staff is just incompetent. 

Maybe its the word "threw" that's confusing. I'm not saying people are intentionally tanking or losing. I'm saying the game was in their hands and they threw it away because of incompetence/terribleness. 

Just now, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Maybe its the word "threw" that's confusing. I'm not saying people are intentionally tanking or losing. I'm saying the game was in their hands and they threw it away because of incompetence/terribleness. 

Gruden went conservative in OT last week and trusted the defense to win us the game and failed. So what does he do this week? Go conservative at the end of the game and trust the defense to win us the game and fail. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SimonGruber said:

Which one the cover 2 or not scoring the td 

Not scoring the TD while wrong in hindsight is an actual strategy. It just may not have been right and didn't work. But it did burn almost all of the clock as intended, and the strategy highlights an inability to trust the defense. Gruden, knowing his team, probably made the right call on that one.

The cover 2, I don't pay huge attention to the defensive call.

What was the dumbest play I have ever seen is the part where with 19 seconds left a man was left completely uncovered 35 yards down the field, right on the sideline, against a team with no timeouts, and on the same play one of the worst facemasks I have ever seen was committed on the QB while he was no-look passing the ball into space. Which found it's way right to the receiver who was left uncovered for no reason whatsoever, as the CB didn't follow him but had noone in the flat to cover.

Are we blaming this wide ranging buffoonery on the defensive call now? Cover 2 doesn't mean cover noone. Zone doesn't mean stand around waiting. It means get on the passing lanes, the ball, and the man, while in your zone. It's the safety's job to absolutely ensure noone gets free deep. Who is Arnette on? And while that comedy is playing out the defensive end almost rips the QB's head off. A comedy of errors on one play the likes of which has rarely been seen in football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

Where did I say they were tanking? Teams make horrible play calls and decisions all the time. See: Raiders yesterday. You think the Dolphins made a great play to heave the ball to a wide open receiver and get face masked? 

The Jets blew an easy close out victory. Has nothing to do with tanking they just threw the game because they are bad. Like the Raiders threw the game yesterday. 

'Threw the game' I thought was common parlance for deliberately losing as in 'threw the fight' for taking a dive. If that's not what you meant then no worries 😁😁

Agreed with most of your other points!  

1 hour ago, holyghost said:

Not scoring the TD while wrong in hindsight is an actual strategy. It just may not have been right and didn't work. But it did burn almost all of the clock as intended, and the strategy highlights an inability to trust the defense. Gruden, knowing his team, probably made the right call on that one.

The cover 2, I don't pay huge attention to the defensive call.

What was the dumbest play I have ever seen is the part where with 19 seconds left a man was left completely uncovered 35 yards down the field, right on the sideline, against a team with no timeouts, and on the same play one of the worst facemasks I have ever seen was committed on the QB while he was no-look passing the ball into space. Which found it's way right to the receiver who was left uncovered for no reason whatsoever, as the CB didn't follow him but had noone in the flat to cover.

Are we blaming this wide ranging buffoonery on the defensive call now? Cover 2 doesn't mean cover noone. Zone doesn't mean stand around waiting. It means get on the passing lanes, the ball, and the man, while in your zone. It's the safety's job to absolutely ensure noone gets free deep. Who is Arnette on? And while that comedy is playing out the defensive end almost rips the QB's head off. A comedy of errors on one play the likes of which has rarely been seen in football. 

I definitely blaming the call. Again we asking young players to play to their weaknesses and over think. If you just say go check that guy arnette doesn't leave him. Why are we playing cover 2 with 19 secs left. Who care if they throw a 10 yard flat route. We drafted man corners and ask them to play a bunch of different zones. Part of that is cause of our pass rush problem. But you got a rookie and a 2nd year player who isn't really a safety trying to figure out where they suppose to be. Stop making these guys with lack talent over think crap. Hey 3 safeties deep. Man up defense. It was simple. 

5 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

I definitely blaming the call. Again we asking young players to play to their weaknesses and over think. If you just say go check that guy arnette doesn't leave him. Why are we playing cover 2 with 19 secs left. Who care if they throw a 10 yard flat route. We drafted man corners and ask them to play a bunch of different zones. Part of that is cause of our pass rush problem. But you got a rookie and a 2nd year player who isn't really a safety trying to figure out where they suppose to be. Stop making these guys with lack talent over think crap. Hey 3 safeties deep. Man up defense. It was simple. 

If Arnette and Leavitt? do not understand what zone actually is then why are they on this team? You can't do what you are saying and baby your entire roster. This is professional football, there's no call that fits if they are not professionals. Year after year I hear excuses here about how this guys is a rookie and that guy is a rookie, but every other team manages to get meaningful contributions from rookies. For us to get that it's akin to a miracle.

• Like 1