Who should the Dolphins start if they make the playoffs?

Apparition

who should be QB1 for Miami in the playoffs?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. who should be QB1 for Miami in the playoffs?

• Tua
    • Fitz

6 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I normally hate anything resembling any level of a 2 QB system, but I actually quite like how they're running it right now. Start Tua, you have Fitz if the team needs a spark or a change up.

Yes, normally a 2-QB dealio is a bitter feud and causes locker room chaos. This one is like older brother/kid brother. 

Team-first attitude, how refreshing. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

They’re screwed either way.

They don’t have a QB they actually trust.

Yep. I roll with Fitzy and then draft a QB early with the Texans pick.

They screwed up with the timing in the first place, so why did they do it? To see what he's got? Well he's not it.

If you don't trust a QB in crunch time of a must-win game - you shouldn't start him in the subsequent must win games

Start Fitz, he gives you the best chance to win

Next year come back with Tua again, and hope that a full offseason continues to progress him to a point where they can challenge for the division

No doubt Flores has done a hell of a job coaching this year, did not expect this team to get this competitive this quickly, but he's trying to undermine his own COTY campaign by insisting Tua is the starter. Tua is the future of your franchise, but he is young enough and not entrenched enough to sit in a season that has exceeded all expectations. You've turned to Fitzy in the "must-win" games (some against very beatable competition) to save your playoff berth multiple times now... He is your QB for the rest of the season end of story.

Edited by Fray32

Not sure which is the correct way to go, i can understand both sides of the argument. Flores has the Miami Dolphins 10-5 he should get the benefit of the doubt in whatever he chooses.

Either QB would get smacked by the Bills in WC weekend. Fitz would be too errant, and Tua wouldn’t be able to keep up with the Bills offense. Both would struggle if the Bills D continues to play the way the have the last month or so.

I love me some Fitzy, one of my all time faves, but if it were me I’d go with Tua. You know what you’re going to get with Fitzy...you KNOW the inevitable of him imploding is coming. Tua has at least shown he can take care of the football and ride the back of the defense. That’s probably their best shot, but again...I’d trust Flores either way.

• Like 1

They can try starting Tua if they want but he’ll be on the bench by halftime anyway again 

Fitz is very capable of pulling a Foles and having a 4 game stretch as good as anyone. He could also completely ruin things for them, but Tua simply can’t play to the level Fitz is capable of playing to when he’s on. At least not yet. 

Edited by Rodjahs12

10 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Fitz looked so much better than Tua.

Fitz has also has four years experience with this offensive coordinator compared to Tua's four months. The offense is tailor-made for Fitz, it's evident as he already has an idea of where he wants to throw, knows how to maneuver in the pocket, and there's confidence in every throw. There isn't much hesitation and he'll throw it up if need be. Tua is a much safer player and will only throw if he's sure the receiver is open, and or eventually will be, which is the reason he's starting. Flores doesn't like turning the ball over so the rook is the perfect game-manager.

You can see Tua still processing and holding the ball when the offense is condensed. He operates better when the O is spread out and open, but we've only did that against KC.

Edited by Ajayii
edit

Fitz can lose big or go crazy and maybe pull it off- total wild card. Meanwhile Tua seems like he can get you 90 yards playing overly conservative which would almost guarantee you lose.

from what I’ve seen this year I have to go Fitz. Tua will be the guy going forward, but rookie Tua should scare no one

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy