ESPN's Adam Schefter: Fangio will return next year

7DnBrnc53

I thought that there was a chance that Elway would resign at the end of this season since the team isn't winning, and Lock isn't exactly setting the world on fire. With this announcement, that probably isn't happening.

I don't understand why. I know that he has another year left on his deal, but so what? I would retire if I was him.

44 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Said it last night, the Chiefs are going on a Patriots level run in that division.

The Patriots went on a Patriot level run because they have the best coach in NFL history and a top 10 QB all-time is married to a billionaire model and consistently took less than he was worth.

Mahomes cap hit is 5.3 million dollars this year.
24.8 next year.
Then it doesn't go below 39 million and gets as high as 59.9 million.

Every team is going to go on a Patriots level run until they realize you can't pay your QB and still be good outside of your QB position.

Seahawks, Packers, Eagles, etc. 

But nobody will believe me.  40 years from now when no QB wins while getting paid above 12% of the cap, people will still act like how much you pay one player on a 53 player team doesn't matter. 

• Like 3

I think it makes sense. Fangio is there to make that defense capable. I also think Lock is pretty bad. I’d honestly rather have Sam Darnold.

I think Denver makes a lot of sense to target a veteran QB like a Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford. With one more year left on his deal, you’ve got to think this is it for Elway if he can’t produce a playoff team.

Could make sense to see if they can execute a sign and trade/extension with a team that wants Von Miller (even if they’d probably only net a 5th or something due to age and his base salary), otherwise cut him before the first league day is over.

Then from there I could see them go all in on a deal for a top quality veteran with the money free’d up from trading/cutting Miller.

I don't see the problem with bringing him back. His defenses usually take 3 years to get to that SF/Chi level of defense, and he's had crap QB's. Give Fangio a stud ILB, a healthy Von Miller + Courtland Sutton, and a decent QB, and the Broncos will probably be pretty good.

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

The Patriots went on a Patriot level run because they have the best coach in NFL history and a top 10 QB all-time is married to a billionaire model and consistently took less than he was worth.

Mahomes cap hit is 5.3 million dollars this year.
24.8 next year.
Then it doesn't go below 39 million and gets as high as 59.9 million.

Every team is going to go on a Patriots level run until they realize you can't pay your QB and still be good outside of your QB position.

Seahawks, Packers, Eagles, etc. 

But nobody will believe me.  40 years from now when no QB wins while getting paid above 12% of the cap, people will still act like how much you pay one player on a 53 player team doesn't matter. 

Playing in one of the weakest divisions in NFL history didn't hurt, either. From 2001-19, the three other AFC East teams went through starting QB's and HC's at a rapid rate.

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

5 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Ithink you can do well and fix Drew Lock and clean up some of his bad habits. 

You aren't doing that with Vic Fangio and the crap he brings in to run the offense.

Good thing Fangio does literally nothing with the offense and Pat Shurmer has all the control.

Edited by AkronsWitness

38 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

I don't see the problem with bringing him back. His defenses usually take 3 years to get to that SF/Chi level of defense, and he's had crap QB's. Give Fangio a stud ILB, a healthy Von Miller + Courtland Sutton, and a decent QB, and the Broncos will probably be pretty good.

I mean it certainly didnt help that both Von Miller and Jurell Casey missed the entire season and they have been playing the entire year with a rotating door at CB because of constant injures to AJ Bouye and Bryace Callahan. The defense is still solid even without those guys

The problem that needs figured out is Lock and Shurmer as OC. Do you sell the farm to go draft Fields or Wilson? or do you think Lock can take a Josh Allen type of step forward where it all clicks for him.