Week 16 GDT: Giants @ Ravens -- We Need Help...

AFlaccoSeagulls

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Meh. I prefer it. The Browns winning the division would have led to some insufferable Browns fans IMO. Their Lamar takes would’ve REALLY been intense.

I meant I was watching and cheering the play that the Steelers won on (because it happened before Mayfield fumbled and lost the Browns game), not that I had a preference for the Browns winning the division. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

On an unrelated note, I REALLY hope Patrick Mekari is able to be healthy moving forward... because there was a clear step down in snaps and blocking once Mekari was subbed in for Skura. With Mekari in we were absolutely rolling, with Skura, it was far more hit or miss. He was manhandled far more at the POA from what it looked like.

If he can't play next week they better have Bozeman or Colon-Castillo in there at center.

No way I'm giving Skura the opportunity to blow the game for us with his terrible snaps.

• Like 1

Didn't have it in me to wake up for this one, but it's nice to get up and see our playoff hopes alive and well. Hopefully we looked good, and then finish off even stronger against the Bengals next week. It'd be nice to not have a pushover final game. Don't want the team going into the playoffs soft.

• Like 1

Man this was a classic game for Gus Edwards right up until he was apart of that goal line fumble. Unfortunate blemish for him there at the end, but a memorable outing for sure. 

Thought Marlon really stuck out as well. Battling through injury after injury to rack up what looked like 4 PBUs on the day.

Some Rookie standouts in this one too. Murderbuike notched his first career Sack in impressive fashion. He's really looking like the steal we knew he was. And Duvernay seems to have the juice needed at PR. Would be counter productive to not let him man both return spots at this point.

Final note is the reemergence of 'Assassin' Lamar Jackson. He's looking calm and dangerous, right as we march towards the post season. If we can just get and keep our core units healthy, there's some real damage this squad can do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Man this was a classic game for Gus Edwards right up until he was apart of that goal line fumble. Unfortunate blemish for him there at the end, but a memorable outing for sure. 

Thought Marlon really stuck out as well. Battling through injury after injury to rack up what looked like 4 PBUs on the day.

Some Rookie standouts in this one too. Murderbuike notched his first career Sack in impressive fashion. He's really looking like the steal we knew he was. And Duvernay seems to have the juice needed at PR. Would be counter productive to not let him man both return spots at this point.

Final note is the reemergence of 'Assassin' Lamar Jackson. He's looking calm and dangerous, right as we march towards the post season. If we can just get and keep our core units healthy, there's some real damage this squad can do.

Madboogie looks like a defensive linemen we are really going like.

and we can make noise against any team if we just catch the ball. Big if but I hope we get that playoff monkey off Lamar’s back this year 

Does anyone remember the Ravens-Giants game of the 2008 Season?

When the Giants ran all over our vaunted run defense that hadn't had a 100 Yard rusher in 28 consecutive games, etc etc(They didn't break that near meaningless streak on the day either, it was broken in 2009 at 39 games by the great plodder Cedric Benson). Their 'Earth, Wind, and Fire' core of Brandon Jacobs, Derrick Ward, and Ahmad Bradshaw took us to task en route to a 30-10 drubbing victory. 

Just like the Jacksonville beatdown last week made me think back on that horrific London Game. Watching our backs and Lamar tote it down the throat of 'Big Blue' seemed like revenge 12 years in the making. 3 Ravens with 75+ yards rushing on the day, 249 yards total. 

TVandFilmDaily - Tumblr Blog Gallery

Flashback for those interested-

And highlights of our parenting work today-

I remember that game. Was my freshmen year in college out in upstate NY and my roommates were all Giants fans so that game was a big time event for our dorm room... didn't work out so hot for me. Honestly though that Giants team was comfortably the best team in the league that year up till Plaxico shot himself.