The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

How did Matt Miller get on ESPN?

He was just saying Lawrence was the best QB prospect in a decade lol

They brought him on as a NFL Draft guy the other day apparently.

But yeah, buddy literally has said he's never scouted a QB as talented as him. Than went on there today and said that stuff because apparently some scout told him they like Wilson more.

4 hours ago, .Buzz said:

They brought him on as a NFL Draft guy the other day apparently.

But yeah, buddy literally has said he's never scouted a QB as talented as him. Than went on there today and said that stuff because apparently some scout told him they like Wilson more.

Was there something other than his clip here?

Because he says that the consensus is still Lawrence is what he is, and again reiterates that it’s Trevor at 1 and nothing else is happening. He doesn’t really suggest that he believes anything else, but that Wilson has a lot of traits that teams are going to find intriguing and that fit the current hot trend. 

I’d bet that some other teams are actually putting out a narrative that another QB is better. Maybe the Jets are saying it in hopes that the Jaguars take a second look and maybe overthink. Maybe the Jets are saying it because they want a team who wants Wilson to give a better offer to them to trade down. Maybe the Jets are saying it because they want their team to see reports that their next QB is viewed highly. Maybe the dolphins are doing it to hope the Jets take Wilson and leave them Sewell. Maybe the Falcons want Fields and are seeding Wilson as the top QB in hopes that whoever takes a QB ahead of them leaves them Fields. Maybe the Titans are seeding it because they want controversy over our pick. And maybe some teams believe it too. 

8 hours ago, pwny said:

Was there something other than his clip here?

Because he says that the consensus is still Lawrence is what he is, and again reiterates that it’s Trevor at 1 and nothing else is happening. He doesn’t really suggest that he believes anything else, but that Wilson has a lot of traits that teams are going to find intriguing and that fit the current hot trend. 

I’d bet that some other teams are actually putting out a narrative that another QB is better. Maybe the Jets are saying it in hopes that the Jaguars take a second look and maybe overthink. Maybe the Jets are saying it because they want a team who wants Wilson to give a better offer to them to trade down. Maybe the Jets are saying it because they want their team to see reports that their next QB is viewed highly. Maybe the dolphins are doing it to hope the Jets take Wilson and leave them Sewell. Maybe the Falcons want Fields and are seeding Wilson as the top QB in hopes that whoever takes a QB ahead of them leaves them Fields. Maybe the Titans are seeding it because they want controversy over our pick. And maybe some teams believe it too. 

Based on this video, we should give the Jets a call and let them know that we would be willing to work out a trade for them to get the #1 pick if they would be willing to guarantee us they won't draft Trevor.  xD

On 2/17/2021 at 4:52 PM, pwny said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-draft-trevor-lawrence-qb-3-thats-how-one-former-nfl-coach-grades-him-205523234.html

…. June Jones thinks Mac Jones is the top QB in this class.

Just…. Lmao

I can't say that I agree with him on Mac Jones vs. Trevor Lawrence, but he may have a point about watching the receiver when he throws.  I just realized why I never made it past high school football - I always had a tendency  to watch the cheerleaders after I threw the ball!  If only I had known and corrected this!   

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

a beautiful thread

Indeed. 

With all of the other “straightforward” stuff Trevor does so well, i can see how it can sorta skip under the radar and people can forget that he can also do all kinds of this really impressive stuff as well. 

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Indeed. 

With all of the other “straightforward” stuff Trevor does so well, i can see how it can sorta skip under the radar and people can forget that he can also do all kinds of this really impressive stuff as well. 

It’s not even that. The person who asked the question is an Ohio State Stan who thinks Justin Fields is the second coming of God and all other QBs in this class are destined to be trash. 

Matt Miller sent out an email with his top 10 prospects.

1. Trevor Lawrence [comp: Andrew Luck]

6. Justin Fields [comp: Dak Prescott] 

8. Zach Wilson [comp: Kyler Murray] 

I think it’s safe to say he’s not personally buying into the Wilson QB1 hype. 

On 2/26/2021 at 1:00 PM, pwny said:

Matt Miller sent out an email with his top 10 prospects.

1. Trevor Lawrence [comp: Andrew Luck]

6. Justin Fields [comp: Dak Prescott] 

8. Zach Wilson [comp: Kyler Murray] 

I think it’s safe to say he’s not personally buying into the Wilson QB1 hype. 

Safe to say, he's probably hedging his bets across various platforms...so he'll always have something to point back at in a few years and thump his chest about?  🤪