The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

14 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Spleen man, shortly after saying that Wilson is QB1 by a decent margin, said that Lawrence will still go number 1 because he’s a big name in the south because he played in the SEC

That's why...

16 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Spleen man, shortly after saying that Wilson is QB1 by a decent margin, said that Lawrence will still go number 1 because he’s a big name in the south because he played in the SEC

Spleen man also say Kellen Mond is better than Justin Fields. 

10 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Safe to say, he's probably hedging his bets across various platforms...so he'll always have something to point back at in a few years and thump his chest about?  🤪

He’s never once said or even hinted that he believes that anyone is better than Trevor. He’s just indicated that some teams are saying Wilson is better and laid out the reasons that someone might believe it, while also indicating in those same ESPN segments that he still views Trevor as better. 

But also like the reason that teams are saying it doesn’t have to be altruistic.

Teams are saying it because they want us to overthink the decision - Jets, Titans, Texans, Colts

Teams are saying it because they want Justin Fields to fall to them - Falcons, Eagles, Lions, Panthers

Teams are saying it because they are expecting that they’ll draft Wilson and want there to be hype around their guy - Jets

Teams are saying it because they want to drive up the trade value of their pick - Jets, Dolphins

There is zero incentive for any team to list Trevor as their top guy. There’s incentive for a number of teams to say Wilson [or Fields] is their top guy, even if they don’t believe it.

So really all of the “I’m hearing this from teams” can all be thrown out and ignored. 

20 minutes ago, pwny said:

Hypothesis: Spleen is necessary for proper brain function 

I mean look, I don’t want to rag on Simms too much, his track record is waaaay better than most and I don’t think he’s just some hot take artist trying to get clicks.....but his analysis on Trevor is just wildly off base. Like his criticisms of him are just.....not valid. He acts like Trevor is some project tools QB who will go high because he’s 6’6”. It’s bizarre. 

2 hours ago, JiffyJag said:

I mean look, I don’t want to rag on Simms too much, his track record is waaaay better than most and I don’t think he’s just some hot take artist trying to get clicks.....but his analysis on Trevor is just wildly off base. Like his criticisms of him are just.....not valid. He acts like Trevor is some project tools QB who will go high because he’s 6’6”. It’s bizarre. 

Well I remember Simms trashing the Jaguars a few years ago and it seeming like he was extremely unfair. I couldn’t remember what it was. Went back and checked…

He indicated that the way the team was handling Bortles would ruin the locker room. And there was more to it than that [and a second quarterback], but oh lord was he right.