The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

“Trevor checks all the boxes, you know?” Meyer told me. “The number one common quality of every great player, not just quarterback, is competitive maniac. He’s 34-2. Won a national title as a true freshman. Is a winner. I’ve seen him up close and in person compete. And then character. I see him and I witness with my players, when the guys get drafted high, a lot of people get . . . They have influences in their live. Like, whether it be social media, whether it be other things that really don’t pertain to winning. What I’m really pleased with and I don’t want to say surprised, but him, his agent, his family, they’re focused on one thing. He wants to become the best version of himself for the National Football League, which is, well, it is somewhat refreshing.”

LETS GO

He said the reason he coaches is to build those player relationships.

A guy who’s gonna be a hard *** at times but also is just always talking about his commitment to wanting to have positive bonded relationships.

Awesome. 

Absolutely refreshing to hear him go in on the idea of it being a 2-3 year process.

Dave and co. came in talking about how it was a process and showed zero urgency. I don't expect a season more than 6-11/7-10 (that felt weird to type) next year but the fact they're doing everything they can and wiping that mindset is awesome. As he said, some of these players won't have 2 years. That's gotta be amazing to hear as a player. Not all teams take that approach or feel that way when a new regime comes in.

• Like 1