The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

On 3/26/2021 at 3:49 PM, pwny said:

Also - everyone should be prepared, because it’s basically a certainty that Urban shows up for the Ohio State Pro Day. And people are gonna say dumb things when he does. 

It's gonna be hilarious, when everyone freaks out about Urban at Fields Pro Day and "omg what does that mean???", and simultaneously Shanahan not at that Pro Day, and "omg what does that mean???".  And then when it's all said and done...Lawrence is with Urban in Jacksonville, and Fields ends up in San Francisco.

14 hours ago, pwny said:

We're officially getting 17 games. Let's see Trevor break every rookie passing record. 

I hate the idea of 17 games all around really.  But i suppose this is a small, temporary silver lining to hope for.  I'd rather they just not though.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Absolutely refreshing to hear him go in on the idea of it being a 2-3 year process.

Dave and co. came in talking about how it was a process and showed zero urgency. I don't expect a season more than 6-11/7-10 (that felt weird to type) next year but the fact they're doing everything they can and wiping that mindset is awesome. As he said, some of these players won't have 2 years. That's gotta be amazing to hear as a player. Not all teams take that approach or feel that way when a new regime comes in.

It's certainly interesting.  Urgency is neat, and i'm ready for it.  You can't waffle around waiting for something to come together like Dave and Co. did.  And for a team with a #1 pick, boatloads of cap space and at least a bit of decent young talent in house...a turnaround in today's NFL can happen quick.  You've really gotta be able to make your case to land the impact FAs though, to do it.  And you've gotta make that case quickly.  Which in turn, means going into this year with the mentality of winning and proving that things are turning around and on the right track.  Getting players from outside excited to sign on and be part of something here.  Right away.  Which is...a tall task.

Things move so quickly now though.  You absolutely MUST make the most of those rookie QB contract years.  You have to take on that mentality.  Whether Trevor is as good as we're all hoping and expecting or not, you have to at least go into it building and planning as though he's going to be.  And take advantage while he's the cheapest he's ever going to be.

9 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Absolutely refreshing to hear him go in on the idea of it being a 2-3 year process.

Dave and co. came in talking about how it was a process and showed zero urgency. I don't expect a season more than 6-11/7-10 (that felt weird to type) next year but the fact they're doing everything they can and wiping that mindset is awesome. As he said, some of these players won't have 2 years. That's gotta be amazing to hear as a player. Not all teams take that approach or feel that way when a new regime comes in.

That was a great interview and I agree about his win now mentality.   I'm totally psyched for next season. 

-charles

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tugboat said:

It's gonna be hilarious, when everyone freaks out about Urban at Fields Pro Day and "omg what does that mean???", and simultaneously Shanahan not at that Pro Day, and "omg what does that mean???".  And then when it's all said and done...Lawrence is with Urban in Jacksonville, and Fields ends up in San Francisco.

I hate the idea of 17 games all around really.  But i suppose this is a small, temporary silver lining to hope for.  I'd rather they just not though.

People need to remember that are a number of players who played for him at Ohio State who could end up being good pros.  He could just as easily be going to see them if they are working out that day too (or will Fields be the only one working out?)

On 3/25/2021 at 10:13 AM, pwny said:

3k4dj4j.jpg
sWsB0Qc.jpg

Good morning. 

Add in Cam Robinson, Tyler Shatley, Marvin Jones, Phillip Dorsett and Terry Godwin.

Someone told him it’s okay to do it now lol. 

• Like 1