The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

21 minutes ago, pwny said:

You won’t be saying that when you see what the CEO of the company says it will do for Trevor!

Yeah...no...that ain't it.  As many "morning show witty" references as GMFB can feed into the clip about The Toaster and Trevor Lawrence...

It got me thinking about a different "Revolution (TM)" implement from the 18th century, which also increased the efficiency of some stuff.  Even so laden with old fashioned "buttons and levers" and other encumberments as it were.

My excitement for Trevor Lawrence, cannot overcome my dislike for that man and everything his toaster stands for.

Trevor has been talked about as the #1 pick since before his senior year of high school. He seemingly has an incredibly supportive family, a partner who uplifts him, and had been treated like the best player at his craft for years and years.

To be honest, if he legitimately still had a chip on his shoulder, he might need therapy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Lmao

It's in reference to this I'd imagine:

It's actually kinda sad that he feels obligated to even explain this at all.  But whatever.

I still think the cover quote is one of those things that's either going to legendarily awesome, or legendarily looked back on as a hilarious mistake with the benefit of hindsight.  That's just the nature of that type of "sensationalized" headline in a business that can be extremely boom/bust though.  Seemed clear enough to most sane people, that he wasn't just saying he doesn't care.  lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Trevor has been talked about as the #1 pick since before his senior year of high school. He seemingly has an incredibly supportive family, a partner who uplifts him, and had been treated like the best player at his craft for years and years.

To be honest, if he legitimately still had a chip on his shoulder, he might need therapy. 

That kind of stuff is overrated.  Minschew has been described as having a huge chip on his shoulder and that equated to 7 wins in 2 seasons.  Think I'd rather go with the laid back prodigy.

-charles

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

the what?

He got married last week. His wedding registry was accessible online. Dilla started a campaign to get people to donate some money so that Jaguars fans could buy him a toaster as a “welcome to Jacksonville” gift. The amount of money contributed was enough to buy him the toaster, a Dyson vacuum, and to give $11k to charity. Trevor and his wife then pledged to give $20k to Jacksonville charities. And today, a local celeb pledged another $20k to some charities that promote food security in the area.

So a joke about buying Trevor a toaster as a wedding gift has ballooned into $51k in donations to Jacksonville charities. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, pwny said:

He got married last week. His wedding registry was accessible online. Dilla started a campaign to get people to donate some money so that Jaguars fans could buy him a toaster as a “welcome to Jacksonville” gift. The amount of money contributed was enough to buy him the toaster, a Dyson vacuum, and to give $11k to charity. Trevor and his wife then pledged to give $20k to Jacksonville charities. And today, a local celeb pledged another $20k to some charities that promote food security in the area.

So a joke about buying Trevor a toaster as a wedding gift has ballooned into $51k in donations to Jacksonville charities. 

Awesome!!