The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

57 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

when was the last time a Jaguars QB made a throw like this? I couldn’t have walked the ball to the end zone and placed it any better. The kid is unreal. 3 years younger than Burrow. 

Garrard made like 3 throws like that in his career and he was a god compared to everyone we’ve had since. Lawrence makes a throw like this seemingly every other week at least.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Bump

I am so insanely hyped.

All the years of suffering; years of Gene Smith’s trash, 8 years of Dave Caldwell building a team that can do absolutely nothing, taking a ******* Running Back over two franchise QBs who could have led us to a Auper Bowl in 2017, hearing all the bull**** behind the scenes that Coughlin did that still almost no one knows about, watching us burn bridge after bridge with the few lone star players we were able to acquire.

All of that to sit here with this bit of hope of what can now be possible.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

just something fun to think about:

Would you take:

Sam Darnell

Mekhi Becton

Jets 2021 and 2022 1st

Seahawks 2021 and 2022 1st (owned by Jets)

For:

Jaguars 2021 1st round pick

Would you do that? 

I wouldn't trade it even if they threw Elisha Cuthbert and Kate Beckinsale in on the deal.  :D

• Like 1

We could become the Elway Broncos with 5 Super Bowl appearances, or be the Colts/Broncos with Manning and be in 4 Super Bowls, or be the Brady Patriots with 6 wins.

These aren’t probable by any means, but they’re now possible. We’ve only ever had one year windows where if everything goes right we have a shot. In ‘99 we had to mortgage the future to give us a shot. In 2008, we thought we had a team that could run it back and mortgaged the future for a chance that never materialized as we fell apart. The entire Caldwell era gave us one shot at the title with a margin of error so small that one blown coverage and one bad call killed us. Lawrence gives us an opportunity to change that and with a semi-competent team around him, we can always be a threat.

I’m relieved/happy/excited. I was so tired of watching us be a bottom 5-10 team year in and year out and getting prospects that were projections. Lawrence literally looks like Mahomes in his first full year. 

Also I’m excited for the jags to be a main talking point during the whole draft process 😊

• Like 1

Congrats on Lawrence hopefully he works out for the Jags. But have you guys thought what if he busts not in terms of being a bad qb but busts in terms of being a generational player that everyone has already proclaimed him to be? The expectations for him are going to be huge and through the roof in that I hope he can deliver and live up to

9 minutes ago, bspice said:

Congrats on Lawrence hopefully he works out for the Jags. But have you guys thought what if he busts not in terms of being a bad qb but busts in terms of being a generational player that everyone has already proclaimed him to be? The expectations for him are going to be huge and through the roof in that I hope he can deliver and live up to

Not a worry for me. If he does, he does. Thankfully he has a lot less likelihood of busting than any other QB we would've taken (and any since Luck) and will do wonders for the franchise/city regardless.

No prospect is a sure thing.