The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

44 minutes ago, pwny said:

Not co-signing to anything in this video, and am only posting this because some of the clips of him in high school is of him making throws that literally no one has made in a Jaguars uniform in almost a decade. 

Jim Mora Jr. said he really didn’t believe the hype on the kid he said he went and dissected every throw he made in 2019. Mora said when he was done he said it’s only 7 QBs that can do what he does on a football field and they all play in the NFL. Essentially he’s saying Lawrence may possibly a top 10 QB in the NFL upon entry. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

Jim Mora Jr. said he really didn’t believe the hype on the kid he said he went and dissected every throw he made in 2019. Mora said when he was done he said it’s only 7 QBs that can do what he does on a football field and they all play in the NFL. Essentially he’s saying Lawrence may possibly a top 10 QB in the NFL upon entry. 

I’m basically of the belief that his absolute floor is being a top 12 QB. If everything goes wrong and we put trash around him with players and coaches, he’s still going to be a borderline Pro Bowl QB. 

• Like 1

Its been a roller coaster of emotions every couple hours because on the 1 hand I think this could be a generational/cultural shift for our team to be pulled out of the mediocrity we've been accustomed to since 2007 sans 1 fluke year but on the other hand I've never been this excited before in all the years I can remember and that means if it all comes crashing down, I'm not sure my heart can take it

• Like 1

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its been a roller coaster of emotions every couple hours because on the 1 hand I think this could be a generational/cultural shift for our team to be pulled out of the mediocrity we've been accustomed to since 2007 sans 1 fluke year but on the other hand I've never been this excited before in all the years I can remember and that means if it all comes crashing down, I'm not sure my heart can take it

For now, enjoy it. When was the last time we have had this much hope?

He is going to give this team national exposure (when was the last time we had a SNF or MNF game?). He is going to make ticket sales go through the roof. I will be shocked if the atmosphere at the stadium isn’t that of what it was in 2017. This city hasn’t had a consistent winner to cheer for in how long? All we have really known is losing. If he turns this team into a winner, he will be worshipped like a god.

Jax is so attractive to HC’s/GM’s because of Trevor Lawrence. Imagine how FA’s are going to look at Jax now. It just won’t be a “vacation” when FA’s sign here. He has the ability to change this whole franchise around, he is that good. 

1 minute ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

For now, enjoy it. When was the last time we have had this much hope?

He is going to give this team national exposure (when was the last time we had a SNF or MNF game?). He is going to make ticket sales go through the roof. I will be shocked if the atmosphere at the stadium isn’t that of what it was in 2017. This city hasn’t had a consistent winner to cheer for in how long? All we have really known is losing. If he turns this team into a winner, he will be worshipped like a god.

Jax is so attractive to HC’s/GM’s because of Trevor Lawrence. Imagine how FA’s are going to look at Jax now. It just won’t be a “vacation” when FA’s sign here. He has the ability to change this whole franchise around, he is that good. 

3rd quarter AFCS but before that I think I was in HS lol

6 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

3rd quarter AFCS but before that I think I was in HS lol

This.

I was incredibly excited when we got Ramsey, Jack and Yan in 2016, but the level of hope is different. Nailing a draft class of defensive players at most can lead to one Super Bowl, getting a generational QB could result in the first step towards a dynasty. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pwny said:

This.

I was incredibly excited when we got Ramsey, Jack and Yan in 2016, but the level of hope is different. Nailing a draft class of defensive players at most can lead to one Super Bowl, getting a generational QB could result in the first step towards a dynasty. 

Yea I feel like its cheaper to pay a QB than keep an elite level defense

Congrats, boys. As much as it pains me that the Browns had to lose to the Jets to fully secure the Jags getting the #1 pick, I'm happy for all of you as I've always had a soft spot for the Jaguars.

Plus, Lawrence will look so much better in a Jags uniform than he ever would in those new hideous Jets uniforms.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DawgX said:

Congrats, boys. As much as it pains me that the Browns had to lose to the Jets to fully secure the Jags getting the #1 pick, I'm happy for all of you as I've always had a soft spot for the Jaguars.

Plus, Lawrence will look so much better in a Jags uniform than he ever would in those new hideous Jets uniforms.

I would love nothing more than the Browns and Jags to be at the top after what both of these fanbases have endured throughout the years. 

It has been painful. 

• Like 1