The Jacksonville Jaguars secure the #1 overall pick; Trevor Lawrence

pwny

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Jets forum having a meltdown still.

I love not being on that side of the coin for once.

“Our franchise is doomed without him, he was our only ever hope of not being the laughing stock of the league for the next decade. We have nothing to offer and no ability to make any other QB succeed” while simultaneously arguing that he’s going to force his way to play for the Jets or that he’s going to be so scared to play for the Jaguars that he’ll go back to school and they’ll have a chance at him next year.

Just oooof. 

35 minutes ago, pwny said:

“Our franchise is doomed without him, he was our only ever hope of not being the laughing stock of the league for the next decade. We have nothing to offer and no ability to make any other QB succeed” while simultaneously arguing that he’s going to force his way to play for the Jets or that he’s going to be so scared to play for the Jaguars that he’ll go back to school and they’ll have a chance at him next year.

Just oooof. 

Don't think the smirk on my face is coming off anytime soon.

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Just oooof. 

We've been that already and were set for another decade without him. 

11 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

We've been that already and were set for another decade without him. 

Sure. But the only team with an argument for looking on par with us is the Jets. Why on earth would he leave one hellscape for another with a worse surrounding offense?

I'm late to this party, but honestly........I don't even know what to say.

This is the first time I've felt genuine optimism for this team in all of my time as a fan. I didn't know that I had never truly felt optimism for our future before until I actually felt it. It's something else.

This **** is bananas

The very best part of this is that even at #2, there were enough concerns about both Fields and Wilson that I could feasibly see some front office deciding to take Sewell and then taking Trask with the Rams pick. Now, nobody in their right mind would do anything other than take Lawrence. 

I’m starting my review of Trevor, after refusing to let myself get hyped for him prior to this week.

https://www.gfycat.com/insistentfabulousbonobo

This throw is maybe just as important as his gorgeous deep ball. We have spent the last several year (really at least since the playoff game vs the 18-1 Patriots) getting mauled by QBs who can get the ball to a guy in space and receivers that can just get an extra 8-10 yards YAC on a route, while simultaneously not having a QB that routinely does this. In the few Fields games I reviewed, this is the type of throw that I was saying I didn’t see from him.

And this is the type of route that we need a QB to be able to hit Shanault on. If Trevor can hit him on these types of routes when coverage is playing like this, he’s gonna be a baby Welker/Mike Thomas type WR.