Jaguars clinch first overall selection in 2021 Draft

RaidersAreOne

On 12/27/2020 at 5:12 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

Genuinely doubt Trevor Lawrence is going to fix all the problems that team has.  

Nobody is expecting him to do that.  This is a team sport so you need good players at a lot of positions.  Quarterback happens to be the most important one, though, and there are not enough great quarterbacks to go around.  Having a shot at a player who could potentially be one of those great quarterbacks at least gives the Jaguars an opportunity that the majority of other teams don't have.

2 hours ago, JBURGE said:

I don't see trading the Rams Pick in the 1st and 2nd and a 2022 3rd to move up to 10-12 as that bad tbh. Obviously the Rams would need to miss the playoffs or lose in the WC for that to be a real option

That deal is terrible. We’re an awful team and trading all that is bad business. We need those picks to fill multiple starting spots

8 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I can't blame you there.  I hope you guys get in this year.  If you beat the Steelers are you in?

Yeah its hard enough being in a division with the Steelers/Ravens every year but having all the other elite QBs/Teams outside of the division pushing you out every year doesnt help.

Yes, win and the Browns are in this week

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 4:10 PM, Uncle Buck said:

Nobody is expecting him to do that.  This is a team sport so you need good players at a lot of positions.  Quarterback happens to be the most important one, though, and there are not enough great quarterbacks to go around.  Having a shot at a player who could potentially be one of those great quarterbacks at least gives the Jaguars an opportunity that the majority of other teams don't have.

Thanks for missing the point.  

I'm just saying it's going to be a hell of a long time for them.  

3 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Thanks for missing the point.  

I'm just saying it's going to be a hell of a long time for them.  

It doesn't have to be.  If they pick the right GM and head coach, it could be as little as 3 years.  It's not like they are devoid of talent right now.  They have a decent offensive line.  Chark and Shenault are serviceable receivers, and Robinson was a very good running back in his rookie season.  Add one or maybe two offensive linemen, a speed receiver, and a tight end and that offense could be VERY good.  The defense needs more work, but they do have a lot of picks this year and over $100M in salary cap room.   It may not take as long as their record would otherwise indicate.

Edited by Uncle Buck