Jaguars clinch first overall selection in 2021 Draft

RaidersAreOne

Good for them. Now you just have to hope that Lawrence pans out. I really don't believe he's a "can't mass prospect" like many people do, but if he can be as good as someone like Andrew Luck (a lot of people are saying the best prospect since Luck) then that would be great for Jacksonville.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

Because we want a franchise QB that will lead our team for the next decade and hopefully win multiple Super Bowls more than we want a win in a season where we’re currently 1-14?

ok. 

I get that, but cheering for your team to lose regardless of the situation is a losers' mentality.

1 minute ago, biggie. said:

I get that, but cheering for your team to lose regardless of the situation is a losers' mentality.

Cool. We won a week 17 game in 2011 and gifted an elite QB prospect to our biggest division rival. Winning that worthless game on the way to 5-11 sure gave us a winner’s mentality when Andrew Luck dunked on us every game for 7 years while we were fielding perennial 3 win teams.

I’ll take you calling me a loser every day for a chance at the flip side of that. 

• Like 6

If Lawrence ends up being a bust, then you just make yourselves look like idiots.

What do you think we have been doing for the past 10 years? We have been losers.

I have been a fan of this team for a long time and was I rooting for us to lose today? Absolutely. Doesn’t make me a terrible fan.

I just know one of the best QB’s to ever come out has fallen into our laps and it would be idiotic to win a meaningless game and blow that chance to turn this franchise around.

We have watched Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Blake Bortles, Gardner Minshew, Mike Glennon, Jake Luton mine up under center for our favorite team the past 10 years. I’ll be damned if I go through another 10 years of that bull****.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Genuinely doubt Trevor Lawrence is going to fix all the problems that team has.  

actually offensively it should fix atleast half the problems.   teams will respect both our run and pass offense now and lawrence is pretty accurate and our qbs werent so accurate so. 

defensively its a mixed bag but theres some parts there for a quicker turn around.  it depends on the coach we hire and the scheme he chooses to run. 

22 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Every fan base does it. Go back and check the jets game day thread in their forum against the Rams, see how happy they were for the win. Niners and browns fans were both rooting for losses to get MG a few years ago. 

Fans don't have skin in the game

7 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

What do you think we have been doing for the past 10 years? We have been losers.

I have been a fan of this team for a long time and was I rooting for us to lose today? Absolutely. Doesn’t make me a terrible fan.

I just know one of the best QB’s to ever come out has fallen into our laps and it would be idiotic to win a meaningless game and blow that chance to turn this franchise around.

We have watched Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Blake Bortles, Gardner Minshew, Mike Glennon, Jake Luton mine up under center for our favorite team the past 10 years. I’ll be damned if I go through another 10 years of that bull****.

And Gabbert and Bortles were first round quarterbacks. Not on par as a prospect as Lawrence, but he could easily end up being on that list in five years.

There's nothing wrong with being excited about having the first pick and landing a highly hyped prospect. However, actually rooting for your team to lose is bush league.

Edited by biggie.

And Gabbert and Bortles were first round quarterbacks. Not on par as a prospect as Lawrence, but the team certainly tried to get their guy.

There's nothing wrong with being excited about having the first pick and landing a highly hyped prospect. However, actually rooting for your team to lose is bush league.

gabbert wasnt even 3 round good and Bortles LOL guy was not a natural thrower of the football.  shoulda been a TE