Week 17: Win or Go Home

MKnight82

35 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

The NFL hates us. They flexed us to SNF.

Huh, I would have thought they would flex a game like Miami at Buffalo (Dolphins could be eliminated with a loss if other games go sideways; Bills going for the #2 seed)

3 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Good thing we threw away our high draft pick only to have our QB with one healthy leg to suddenly be hurt just in time for us to miss the playoffs lol. This was about as bad an outcome as this team could have. 

I literally argued this as one of the possibilities when we benched Haskins the first time and everyone was like "how dare you think the season is over???"

We are the Redskins. When do these things ever work out for us? We can't have nice things. We just WFT (*) them.

(*) I wish I could trademark WFT as a verb. Hopefully @e16bball is an IP practitioner and can tell me if I can (although as an author, I KNOW I can't).

You guys, we could pick as high as #8 if we lose next week. Plenty high enough for one of the QB's.

But if we win, we're in the playoffs & pick #19.

For probably the only time ever. Every Washington Football fan here, has the best of both worlds.

Draft fans#-The ones that want high draft picks every year, so they can evaluate draft prospects, cause it's really boring this time if year.

Playoff fans#-The ones that want a prayer at the Lombardi trophy regardless if the team is ready, prepared, or talently capable of it.

Then you have the minority of....

Snyder hater Washington fans not sure why they're fans here in the 1st place fans#- These are the Washington fans who suffer from DSPTSD (Dan Snyder post tramatic stress disorder)

Basically, these guys love Washington...the players, coaches, you name it. But everything wrong that happens is Dan Snyder's fault.

We lost today vs Carolina...it was Snyder's fault cause he drafted Haskins.

Haskins at a strip club? Snyder's fault...

Covid 19…? Snyder's fault

These guys hate Snyder so much...that I'f you took a true Washington Snyder hater Liberal?

And Snyder was running for president vs Donald Trump?

They would vote for Trump. Sorry to get political, but was just making a point.

Anyways, this class of fan wants us to win all the way up, then lose the SB cause Snyder would get to say we did it & that would be unacceptable.

So anyways...that's your 3 classes of Washington fans...

3 hours ago, Woz said:

Huh, I would have thought they would flex a game like Miami at Buffalo (Dolphins could be eliminated with a loss if other games go sideways; Bills going for the #2 seed)

It makes sense. It's the only game with a guarantee of a possible playoff outcome.

• Like 1

Whether or not we are playing in prime time doesn’t matter. The better team will win this game. We had a bad game against the panthers, but it was a bunch of little things and the refs that held us back. If we can control field position and time of possession we will win this game. I think our defense can give Hurts fits, so having Smith back to manage the game and make the easy throws should do us wonders, unfortunately it’s no guarantee that he will be back. So Heinicke will need to play smart and the run game is a must.