Week 17: Win or Go Home

MKnight82

One of the pressing questions will be how they stop Hurts from killing us via scramble. As slow as they are at MLB with Bostic, it could be a big problem. 

I honestly would think long and hard about devoting a spy to him. I haven’t seen any of the Dallas game to see how they managed to wrangle him, but you have to be able to take that weapon away from him as best you can and make him a passer.

I find myself wondering if perhaps this is the role Khaleke Hudson was born to play. He’s got pretty good speed (4.56 at the combine), and more importantly, he played kind of a unique role at Michigan that suggests he might be more of a cerebral player than your standard “see ball, get ball” LB (like Cole Holcomb, god love him). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

One of the pressing questions will be how they stop Hurts from killing us via scramble. As slow as they are at MLB with Bostic, it could be a big problem. 

Well they have Khale ...

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I find myself wondering if perhaps this is the role Khaleke Hudson was born to play. He’s got pretty good speed (4.56 at the combine), and more importantly, he played kind of a unique role at Michigan that suggests he might be more of a cerebral player than your standard “see ball, get ball” LB (like Cole Holcomb, god love him). 

umm, yeah, that. :D:D:D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I honestly would think long and hard about devoting a spy to him. I haven’t seen any of the Dallas game to see how they managed to wrangle him, but you have to be able to take that weapon away from him as best you can and make him a passer.

I think having Hudson play that role makes sense.  Yeah, Hudson played what they call “Viper” at Michigan. He played some safety, some corner & some LB.

I think the Eagles rivalry can take on patriotic significance. Here's how.

Washington changes their name to the Presidents, and adopts red, white and navy blue as their colors.

Eagles is already a reference to our national bird.

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

I think the Eagles rivalry can take on patriotic significance. Here's how.

Washington changes their name to the Presidents, and adopts red, white and navy blue as their colors.

Eagles is already a reference to our national bird.

I don’t think our team is worthy of being named the Presidents. That’s just me though.

On 12/28/2020 at 3:29 PM, e16bball said:

Unless it was obviously a pass play we just held lanes with the DL, didnt try to get sacks.

We also had a safety or LB spy him. Tried to make him beat us with his arms.

Also helps that we have Randy Gregory. Who might be faster than Hurts at 260#'s. Straight foot race ran him down more than once.

11 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t think our team is worthy of being named the Presidents. That’s just me though.

Well, our Presidents arent worthy either. But we can call you politicians to worsen it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Unless it was obviously a pass play we just held lanes with the DL, didnt try to get sacks.

Also helps that we have Randy Gregory. Who might be faster than Hurts at 260#'s. Straight foot race ran him down more than once.

Not a big fan of this strategy.  He is a young qb.  We shouldn't play scared of him.  I want to terrorize.

12 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Well, our Presidents arent worthy either. But we can call you politicians to worsen it.

Well we have Montez Sweat & Chase Young and they could chase down Hurts with the right angle. I still think for us, our best bet to spy him would be with Khaleke Hudson, he’s a little bit bigger than Landon Collins about 6’, 225 pounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Well we have Montez Sweat & Chase Young and they could chase down Hurts with the right angle. I still think for us, our best bet to spy him would be with Khaleke Hudson, he’s a little bit bigger than Landon Collins about 6’, 225 pounds.

I’d spy him with Holecomb he’s faster than Collins and Hudson

when we were shutting down Seattle in the second half we dropped Sweat a lot to spy he’d step back off the line on the snap and he’d drop into the middle and shadow Russ. Sweat is a monster and I think their just starting to really figure out the best way to use him week to week.

Edited by ripsean21