Week 17: Win or Go Home

MKnight82

On 12/30/2020 at 4:39 AM, Matts4313 said:

Unless it was obviously a pass play we just held lanes with the DL, didnt try to get sacks.

We also had a safety or LB spy him. Tried to make him beat us with his arms.

Also helps that we have Randy Gregory. Who might be faster than Hurts at 260#'s. Straight foot race ran him down more than once.

Well, our Presidents arent worthy either. But we can call you politicians to worsen it.

😂 Politicians! That would’ve fit when we had Bruce Allen as our Team President, I don’t think it fits with Jason Wright as our Team President and Rivera as our HC bc they’re about as straight forward as a HC/Team Pres can be. 

Edited by turtle28

17 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’d spy him with Holecomb he’s faster than Collins and Hudson

when we were shutting down Seattle in the second half we dropped Sweat a lot to spy he’d step back off the line on the snap and he’d drop into the middle and shadow Russ. Sweat is a monster and I think their just starting to really figure out the best way to use him week to week.

Yes, but Holcomb is the better run defender, so I would think you’d want him playing how he usually plays. Of course, Hudson is better in coverage - although Holcomb has been much improved in coverage this year - so, taking Hudson out of coverage on Ertz/Goddert could hurt us.

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

What’s a RH? Anyways, I’m sure he meant RB bc B is right below H on the keyboard. 

I guess the Javon Leake experiment didn’t work out and now we can all see why he didn’t play the last few weeks. 

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Immediate reaction was terry, but I think a healthy Smith with terry at 75% wins more games.  Terry seems to be able to play through some pain.  Alex’s body has just taken too much punishment for that.

I didn't blink with selecting Alex tbh. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

As difficult is it is for me to choose, as I love both players?

I think I would choose a 100% Smith over Scary Terry.

But this is contingent on Smith remaining 100% throughout the whole game. Not getting injured or pulling himself out.

Smith is money & a winner.

For all the crap he is given for having a mediocre arm, only a game manager, etc.

The guy simply wins football games.

He's the opposite of Kirk Cousins.

Smith has the "it" factor that I have preached over & over & over  on here on what I look for in a QB.

I hope Heiny has it too, should he play. I think he does. I hope he does.

36 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

For all the crap he is given for having a mediocre arm, only a game manager, etc.

Smith has the "it" factor that I have preached over & over & over  on here on what I look for in a QB.

Did you know that he was 19-31 in his first 5 seasons before finally going 13-3 in his 6th?

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

As difficult is it is for me to choose, as I love both players?

I think I would choose a 100% Smith over Scary Terry.

But this is contingent on Smith remaining 100% throughout the whole game. Not getting injured or pulling himself out.

This continues to be the worst take on the forum, I wish it would end but I do understand that no matter how much proof I’d put forth some will be stubborn and won’t realize they’re wrong.

I feel that even if Kirk ever goes on a long playoff run longer than just winning one playoff game - something that Alex Smith hasn’t done since 2011 & 2015 when he won playoff games for the 49ers & Chiefs - that some would still find a way to not acknowledge Kirk’s accomplishments. I guess it’s the same what some won’t acknowledge that while Alex isn’t elite either, he is better than what most claim him to be.

If people took the time to actually look it up, Alex’s playoff record is not any better than Kirk Cousins’s, the two are more alike than they are different other than Kirk throws the ball more downfield than Alex does.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html?type=post

Alex Smith’s playoff record is 2-7 (29%). Kirk Cousins’s record is 1-3 (33%) in the playoffs, as is Dak Prescott’s. Matt Stafford and Andy Dalton are 0-3 and 0-4 in the playoffs. Just puttin it out there.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Call me crazy but Alex Smith is more important to this team winning games than Terry. I love Terry, he’s my favorite player on the team but, truth is truth. The team hasn’t consistently won since Nov of 2018 until Alex became the starter again this year.

24 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

At Philly, I pray we win the toss and kickoff ! I want to start the second half with the ball. AND if the offense starts the game 3 and out it's over ! We HAVE to at least get a coupla first downs !

“We’ll take the ball and we’re gonna score.”