2021 Edge Prospects

Scoundrel

12 hours ago, Turnobili said:

admittedly havent watched a ton yet, but i like Ojulari more than Rousseau at this point. open to having my opinion changed

I personally would take 6'6 1/2 265 with length and tremendous upside over 6'2 3/4 240 and only dominated horrible tackles with the same move and was nowhere to be found vs any legit tackle he played.

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I personally would take 6'6 1/2 265 with length and tremendous upside over 6'2 3/4 240 and only dominated horrible tackles with the same move and was nowhere to be found vs any legit tackle he played.

my problem with rousseau is how he often doesnt seem to have any plan when rushing from the outside. he seems to do his best when being lined up basically as a 3 tech and one-gapping the guard, or when he rushes off a stunt.

most of his outside rushing production i've seen, he's kinda just gliding around and gets cleanup work.

again, havent gone through all the game films i intend to, just my early impression. despite his length, he just doesnt seem physically imposing as an outside rusher

Edited by Turnobili

11 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

my problem with rousseau is how he often doesnt seem to have any plan when rushing from the outside. he seems to do his best when being lined up basically as a 3 tech and one-gapping the guard, or when he rushes off a stunt.

most of his outside rushing production i've seen, he's kinda just gliding around and gets cleanup work.

again, havent gone through all the game films i intend to, just my early impression. despite his length, he just doesnt seem physically imposing as an outside rusher

Thats cool, I project him for what he can be, not where he is. This is what you get when you have a Freshman playing (though he does use the rip move really well), yet he still dominated off all instinct. Imagine what he would he do when gets refinement, gets physically advanced and just generally matures, all of this = upside in my book. But thats just me....

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Thats cool, I project him for what he can be, not where he is. This is what you get when you have a Freshman playing (though he does use the rip move really well), yet he still dominated off all instinct. Imagine what he would he do when gets refinement, gets physically advanced and just generally matures, all of this = upside in my book. But thats just me....

i definitely get that. its always hard to project. sometimes those projects turn out to crush it, and sometimes they just never become productive.

19 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Ojulari is a speed rusher with one move (a good one). But Rosseau has elite potential. 

Ojulari may make for a decent Dee Ford replacement with my 9ers... a disaster of a FA signing that was. Still had some impact in '19, but Dee was a complete wash in '20. 

4 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Ojulari may make for a decent Dee Ford replacement with my 9ers... a disaster of a FA signing that was. Still had some impact in '19, but Dee was a complete wash in '20. 

its really weird. Dee Ford was productive for the Chiefs. they let him move on, then spent a 1st round pick and gave a huge contract to Frank Clark as a replacement

Ford then failed to live up with the Niners, and Clark has been a bust for the Chiefs

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

its really weird. Dee Ford was productive for the Chiefs. they let him move on, then spent a 1st round pick and gave a huge contract to Frank Clark as a replacement

Ford then failed to live up with the Niners, and Clark has been a bust for the Chiefs

Well Dee has played well when he's been on the field, but that's the issue; he's missed far more time than he's played. I think his career may be over due to his chronic back and knee issues. 

11 hours ago, Turnobili said:

This is the series of events:

Chiefs decide they cant pay Dee Ford because they had to pay Tyreek

Chiefs trade Dee ford

Tyreek gets in hot water with the league to put it lightly

Tyreek suddenly doesnt get 20+m per season, he gets less with a much, much smaller signing bonus than he would have

Chiefs realize they suddenly can afford to spend some dough on a DE, acquire Frank Clark

Dee Ford gets big injury guarantee from the niners 

Dee Ford gets injured

So while the chiefs certainly came out on the other side of that deal with a superbowl ring and a younger player who will probably play more than 0 snaps in the NFL again (my guess is dee ford rides the year out on IR and then retires), I dont like to give them too much credit considering they kinda lucked into it lol 

I  was happy to see Frank Clark regress this year. Hes so obnoxious lol 

• Like 1