2021 Edge Prospects

Scoundrel

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He's nothing like Ngakoue imo. I remember Ngakoue absolutely flattening Brandon Scherff in college with his speed-to-power rushes. Ojulari reminds me more of Harold Landry, but I think he has a higher ceiling.

Similar enough for me. Toolbox isn't diverse, but go to move can be dominant.

11 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Except Ngakoue's toolbox was diverse. He wasn't a pure speed guy. They don't even look similar in the video.

Ojulari isn't a pure speed guy either. His power game isn't fully there yet, but he'll flash it on occasion(Put Eichenberg on skates a couple times in the ND game IIRC). 

As I said they're similar enough for me, especially with how they finish. It's cool if you think different. I'm not trying to sell you on anything. 

7 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I always think the alcohol pitches in his videos are bizarre. I love his videos tho. 

Yeah, I do too (both). He spots things I never would have through watching.

My criticism of him is he falls in love with certain players and projects FAR more success on to them. Examples;

- He made a 2 part video explaining why Hackenberg will work in the NFL

- He made a 20 min video on Mallet, explaining the same

- Convinced Isaiah Oliver was the best CB prospect he'd seen for ages and him top 10 (or near)

- Currently has JOK as the best linebacker in this class (he could be, but surely it's Parsons?)

- 'Cam Newton is the perfect fit for NE's system'

- 'Daron Payne will be rookie of the year'

- Picked Terrell Pryor to be a top 5 WR the year he converted

- High on Osweiler as well

Sounds like I'm destroying him, but he's done over 100 vids and the above is all I could pick out. He is AWESOME at the stuff he's good at, which is most of his work. I wish I could do what he does, honestly. I just don't think he's beyond criticism like most of his followers do

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

- Currently has JOK as the best linebacker in this class (he could be, but surely it's Parsons?)

I think JOK is the top LBer this year. 

- 'Daron Payne will be rookie of the year

That wasn’t a wild take. 

He was very good at WR behind a hodgepodge of puke at QB. 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Disagree. He had the dropsies and he looked slow 

Parsons will go first, won't he?

Parsons probably will go first. But that’s based on a projection of upside. JOK’s film is 100x cleaner. I think scouts will love Parsons, but coaches will love JOK more. 

15 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yeah, I do too (both). He spots things I never would have through watching.

My criticism of him is he falls in love with certain players and projects FAR more success on to them. Examples;

- He made a 2 part video explaining why Hackenberg will work in the NFL

- He made a 20 min video on Mallet, explaining the same

- Convinced Isaiah Oliver was the best CB prospect he'd seen for ages and him top 10 (or near)

- 'Cam Newton is the perfect fit for NE's system'

- 'Daron Payne will be rookie of the year'

- High on Osweiler as well

Sounds like I'm destroying him, but he's done over 100 vids and the above is all I could pick out. He is AWESOME at the stuff he's good at, which is most of his work. I wish I could do what he does, honestly. I just don't think he's beyond criticism like most of his followers do

We all get some wrong. But boy, I don't know what he saw in Hackenberg lol. I've never heard of the guy until now.

23 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

I think JOK is the top LBer this year. 

That wasn’t a wild take. 

He was very good at WR behind a hodgepodge of puke at QB. 

Is that Chris Simms or who are you talking about? I'm not finding the start of the convo.

22 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Without getting too far off-topic, I think you could realistically have JOK, Parsons, or Collins as your top LB in the draft.

I don’t think it’d be weird to put Bolton up there too. He’s the best pure MLB. 

Back to DE’s. Do you think there are any DE’s that can bump into 3-tech on passing downs outside of Rousseau and Basham?

6 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Back to DE’s. Do you think there are any DE’s that can bump into 3-tech on passing downs outside of Rousseau and Basham?

At the top, not really.  At least not ones that I would feel comfortable kicking inside on obvious passing downs.  Maybe Kwity Paye, but the next tier of EDGE seem to be on the lighter side.  Maybe guys like Payton Turner or Cameron Sample can kick in, but not really guys that are going high in the draft.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

At the top, not really.  At least not ones that I would feel comfortable kicking inside on obvious passing downs.  Maybe Kwity Paye, but the next tier of EDGE seem to be on the lighter side.  Maybe guys like Payton Turner or Cameron Sample can kick in, but not really guys that are going high in the draft.

Yeah I didn’t see anyone that fit that bill either. I wanna say Rashad Weaver just because he’s not bendy, but he’s also not slippery enough to fly past interiors and he’s only about 270.

This seems like a horrible draft if you need a 5-tech.