2021 Edge Prospects

Scoundrel

7 minutes ago, Counselor said:

What do you like about him? As a UGA fan I try and get other perspectives on our players as I try to not be bias. 

1.  Very good bend around the corner.  Can do some speed to power if guys overset against the speed.

2.  Good hand usage defending against the run in that he will extend from the blocker and shed.

3.  Seems to give very good effort.  Didn't see a lot of slacking off.

That's based on the Tenn game and limited film watching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samsel23 said:

Tarron Jackson is a rocked up dude.  

Not overly impressed with his explosion,  but has solid athleticism.  Also doesn’t really play as powerful as he appears.   Don’t see early round potential,  but definitely could be useful in a rotation. 

I sent you a pm 4 days ago damsel

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

-No talk of Chris Rumph II

-Boogie Basham

-Jaelen Phillips

-Myjai Sanders upside?

-Long term potential of Jayson Oweh?

Rumph - pound for pound is the best pass rusher in the class but is waaaaaay too light, but is an outstanding football player

Basham - big stud, can do a little bit of everything, but can rush the passer really well. Powerful, explosive, and has scheme versitility.

Jaelan Phillips - ascending at the right time, I once fancied him a Josh Sweat type of a high upside developmental guy but he has since played his way too high for that. Plus athlete, still developing as a pass rusher, has really good instincts unblocked and has an outstanding motor. My question is now that the expectations will be high, will he continue to ascend or will he revert back to UCLA Phillips.

Myjai Sanders -supremely underrated, uber athletic, can bend and run the hoop with ease. Has a pretty decent plan when approaching and his jab step is devastating. 

Oweh - plays like a great athlete who they had to convince to play football. I just dont know how instinctual he really is, simple things like getting on an edge as a pass rusher or desire to get off blocks just doesn't click. I personally think the best thing possible can happen where a team can strip him down and build him up from the ground because of the level athlete he is

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 3

22 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Rumph - pound for pound is the best pass rusher in the class but is waaaaaay too light, but is an outstanding football player

Yeah Rumph is awesome. I don’t know what to do with him. He’s probably too stiff hipped to play outside backer, but too light to play DE. I love his game though. He’s like a 5x better version of Sutton Smith from a few drafts ago. 

Basham - big stud, can do a little bit of everything, but can rush the passer really well. Powerful, explosive, and has scheme versitility.

Reminds me of Shaq Lawson, both the good and bad. Lawson is a solid player. 

Jaelan Phillips - ascending at the right time, I once fancied him a Josh Sweat type of a high upside developmental guy but he has since played his way too high for that. Plus athlete, still developing as a pass rusher, has really good instincts unblocked and has an outstanding motor. My question is now that the expectations will be high, will he continue to ascend or will he revert back to UCLA Phillips.

He’s really good. Excellent hand usage, great gap defender, and has a wide variety of pass rush moves. Fell out of love with football at UCLA, which is kinda concerning, but the dude is a legit franchise pass rusher based on tape. He reminds me of Aaron Kampman.

Myjai Sanders -supremely underrated, uber athletic, can bend and run the hoop with ease. Has a pretty decent plan when approaching and his jab step is devastating.

I’ll have to check him out. I have a prospect database of 400 guys this year and he’s someone I’ve never heard of. 

Oweh - plays like a great athlete who they had to convince to play football. I just dont know how instinctual he really is, simple things like getting on an edge as a pass rusher or desire to get off blocks just doesn't click. I personally think the best thing possible can happen where a team can strip him down and build him up from the ground because of the level athlete he is

I want to like Oweh so badly because of his freak factor. He is not a very good player right now, but I don’t blame any franchise that gambles on his upside. The reward could be staggering. He reminds me of Jevon Kearse athletically, but he plays more like Aaron Maybin at this point. 

1 minute ago, ClutchDJ said:

It doesn’t have a top dawg like a Bosa or Chase Young, but the depth is A LOT better compared to last year’s.

I see a lot of immediate difference makers. Not elite players. But guys who could be double digit sack guys. Ossai, Paye, Rousseau, Ojulari are all pretty good that I've seen. I like Basham too. Oweh and some other guys behind them. But I haven't even dug deep into the class.