2021 Edge Prospects

Scoundrel

17 hours ago, Counselor said:

Does anyone see any Aldon Smith in Rousseau or am I just blinded by the length?

First of all, I would LOVE to see what Rousseau's wing span is because he is like a Giraffe out there. As far as the comp, I can see why you say that but I think the difference between the two is Aldon Smith had superior technique, length and good functional athleticism and had a plan every time he rushed, Rousseau has a rare combination of unreal length mixed with borderline freakish athleticism which gives Olinemen fits, he takes 2.5 steps and he is at the QB

Dude was so unrefined and was totally dominant, his upside is scary IMO....

Edited by MSURacerDT55

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

First of all, I would LOVE to see what Rousseau's wing span is because he is like a Giraffe out there. As far as the comp, I can see why you say that but I think the difference between the two is Aldon Smith had superior technique, length and good functional athleticism, Rousseau has a rare combination of unreal length mixed with borderline freakish athleticism.

Dude was so unrefined and was totally dominant, his upside is scary IMO....

I just saw some flashes on tape that reminded me of Aldon. Went back and watched Aldon and I saw some of what I remembered but Aldon has better closing speed and I do agree better technique. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Who does Jaelan Phillips compare to? What's his floor/ceiling?

I’ll probably get railroaded for this... and I don’t think he is the same athlete or level of prospect or as refined coming out but some similarities in play style and taking into account his nfl career and the level of impact I project for Phillips in the NFL, I will compare him to Jadeveon Clowney

3 hours ago, Counselor said:

You cut off the whole comparison because your comparison for Darrisaw is bad. Cute games from my cute friend 

..not at all.

I'm not on any hill for that Darrisaw comp. I think your take was fair. But to get that specific and then go Phillips - Clowney.....🤓

*shrugs*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

..not at all.

I'm not on any hill for that Darrisaw comp. I think your take was fair. But to get that specific and then go Phillips - Clowney.....🤓

*shrugs*

I said career path also bud. There were a lot more variables. You’ll understand one day don’t worry my sweet pea. You’re still like my 19th favorite browns fan on the forum.

• Like 1

Charles Snowden should be getting a lot more talk than he is.  Only thing keeping him down is athletically, who knows how elite he is.  If he puts up good numbers he will sky rocket up draft boards.  Not sure he is a Leonard Floyd type athlete but has that type of potential as a athletic edge player who has versatility despite being long and some what thin.  

Underrated pass rusher.

Jypg2g.gif

Rare length on the edge.  

toejiyu49imfqqcdzlnv

Can get his hands up and deflect passes.

dbgmjk2pfie7cspgmzqn

Will be interesting where he ends up and how he does at the combine.  

On 1/6/2021 at 8:25 PM, ClutchDJ said:

Blinded by length.

I don’t see that at all.

Yup same. He's not nearly as explosive/twitchy and doesn't have good short area quickness. Aldon was a top 7 pick because he was solid all around with no real weaknesses. Rousseau is an awkward prospect to me... thin for a DE that does his best work inside, and a long-legged mover as well. Not a big fan right now.

17 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Yup same. He's not nearly as explosive/twitchy and doesn't have good short area quickness. Aldon was a top 7 pick because he was solid all around with no real weaknesses. Rousseau is an awkward prospect to me... thin for a DE that does his best work inside, and a long-legged mover as well. Not a big fan right now.

Since when has 265 been "thin" for a college DE, especially when most of them go for around 250-255? And good, I hope more people like you talk down on him and he slides all the way to #23. Its safe to call him a tweener, which doesn't mean its a bad thing, what you see what he did at UM playing both DE/DT is what smart DCs will do with him at the next level, put him in the best matchups and have him dominate those weak link linemen.

I get it with most guys, they are more comfortable with guys who fit normal dimensions, whenever guys come out that are awkward or don't have the normal description of what a normal prospect would normally look like people tend to get uncomfortable and safe, which is fine. I for one have zero issues taking a guy like him that have that type of length and athleticism, this means, it takes way less time to get to where he has to get to, especially when he gets a good get off. I could only imagine the type of damage he could do opposite of Myles Garrett on base downs, and inside on 3rd downs isolated against a guard.

But listen, I get it, its the season to tear these guys down and nitpick, but the obvious is right in front of you.