2021 Edge Prospects

Scoundrel

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I loved Chris Rumph's film. Versatile, smart, great instincts, and very disruptive as a pass rusher. Dude gave it to the BC OL, and that OL is chalk full of NFL talent. I also quite like what I've seen from Joe Tryon. Has the potential to have a complete game as a pass rusher. Needs some work as a run defender, but the tools aren't lacking there either.

I tell you, there will be some really good value picks in this upcoming draft, Tryon and Levi Onwuzurike really hurt themselves by not playing this season on top of there not being a combine. 

Tryon is a severely underrated pass rusher, he is a really savvy rusher.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 8:59 AM, Ozzy said:

So have they given up on Nassib already, and Ferrell for that matter.  Key has been a disappointment and Crosby is the one who has done well.  That DT group is not great either so I assume that is on the table as well.  They also have some LB problems as well.  If Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah fell to them I think they should take him, especially since he can get after the QB when asked also.  

Christian Barmore makes a lot of sense if he is there.  On the DE Basham and Patrick Jones are good but would be better if they were selected in the 2nd round and that could happen.  Not sure any DE is worth that high of a 1st round selection outside of Rousseau if he works out well.  Same with Roche, Phillips and Rumph would be solid 2nd rounders if they fall but a reach if taken that high in the 1st.  Paye could be a 1st round pick but is not a great pass rusher though but is technically sound.  Twyman might fall to the 2nd and be a steal, same with Marvin Wilson or Jay Tufele at DT.  One of the more interesting pass rushers is Azeez Ojulari but he is best in a 3/4 defense not a 4/3.

Ferrell played well, but we need more sacks/pressures in general. I still think we take another DE/DT in the first 2 rounds, if not one of each.

So without a proper combine, and limited interactions possible for NFL teams, do yall think there's an upper limit for how early the Rousseau can go.  He seems to be the top rated guy, but boy is it scary to draft an edge based on one season a year ago.

If I'm a team, I probably am not willing to spend a premium pick on someone even as talented as Rousseau.  I'm thinking it's unlikely he goes top 10 at all, even if he's the consensus top guy, and teams will treat it like an injury season.

46 minutes ago, Daniel said:

So without a proper combine, and limited interactions possible for NFL teams, do yall think there's an upper limit for how early the Rousseau can go.  He seems to be the top rated guy, but boy is it scary to draft an edge based on one season a year ago.

If I'm a team, I probably am not willing to spend a premium pick on someone even as talented as Rousseau.  I'm thinking it's unlikely he goes top 10 at all, even if he's the consensus top guy, and teams will treat it like an injury season.

Yeah, I've got to be honest I've struggled with this guy. Looks raw and narrow hipped, doesn't win outside - everything you like about him is in his athletic upside but he's a real project. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, animaltested said:

Janarius Robinson

Height: 6’5”
Weight: 266
Wing: 87”
Arm: 35 3/4”
Hand: 11”

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

Lookin' really nice as a LEO prospect. 

Love look in at Trent Baalke:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29s5eegk2yk02je7t4tr
He may as well start shopping for houses in Duval.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2021 at 3:08 PM, goldfishwars said:

Okay, I'm 75-80% sure Shaka Toney is my guy in this class. Not the biggest, but man he's an electric eel. Amazing quickness in his first step.

He has no business ever setting an edge, but he kinda looks like Highsmith on the Steelers.