Week 6 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Washington Redskins

J-ALL-DAY

I mean we pretty much know how this game will go, but the defense should be better with the return of Foster and Reid. I will be interested in seeing how Saleh will distribute the snaps with Reid/Tartt and even Ward for that matter. 

Offensively, we may be able to get something through the air with the Redskins dealing with some injuries. 

Lets see if Hyde could bounce back after a bad performance where he had a few mistakes that led to Breida's increased time.

Can Kittle put together another good performance? 

Thomas after having a great game against the Cards was invisible last week. He needs to show something this game. 

Rashard Robinson easily had his best game of the season last week, but can he put consecutive good games? He's been so inconsistent that it would be good to see him have another solid performance.

Our run defense was pretty bad vs the Colts. That was disappointing. Help is on the way, but the front 7 has to play better.

Redskins 24 49ers 13

I actually have a sneaking suspicion that this game has week 3 potential. A shoot out between two offenses with the Skins coming off their bye and ironing out some of their wrinkles and us having a highly motivated Hyde and an offense that seems to be coming together slowly with different players showing well at different times. Both defenses have had their issues in stopping the run but more so stopping teams through the air. 

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

I actually have a sneaking suspicion that this game has week 3 potential. A shoot out between two offenses with the Skins coming off their bye and ironing out some of their wrinkles and us having a highly motivated Hyde and an offense that seems to be coming together slowly with different players showing well at different times. Both defenses have had their issues in stopping the run but more so stopping teams through the air. 

Hard for me to envision us putting up a ton of points. Their DL has gotten after it this year, they really man handle teams up front. They collapse the pocket from every angle and qbs seem to get swallowed up. Their secondary plays very physical as well. Norman is out but they've had time to adjust because they had a bye. Swearinger brings an enforcer that they haven't had in a long time. Just a tough, hard nosed defense. 

Is trent Williams playing this week? Not like we would get much edge pressure either way. 

It will be nice to finally see foster out there in a real game. Hopefully he's stayed in shape. 

GO NINERS

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Hard for me to envision us putting up a ton of points. Their DL has gotten after it this year, they really man handle teams up front. They collapse the pocket from every angle and qbs seem to get swallowed up. Their secondary plays very physical as well. Norman is out but they've had time to adjust because they had a bye. Swearinger brings an enforcer that they haven't had in a long time. Just a tough, hard nosed defense. 

Is trent Williams playing this week? Not like we would get much edge pressure either way. 

It will be nice to finally see foster out there in a real game. Hopefully he's stayed in shape. 

GO NINERS

I'm with this, I dont expect a lot of points through the air. 

I think with the Reid/Tartt question Tartt gets the majority of the snaps. I think Reid plays 25 snaps, mostly in redzone situations or nickel. Him rushing back isn't good for anyone. 

Bowman might find himself on the sideline a lot with Ray Ray playing well lately and Foster being the dominant force when healthy. Bowman a possible trade option if he cant see the field for us? 

I didn't think Ray Ray played all that well last game to be honest. Missed a few tackles, bit on all the play actions like usual and really had no impact on the game until his INT, which was a nice play. Think the splash play in OT made it look like he played well, when in reality it was a typical Ray Ray game. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I didn't think Ray Ray played all that well last game to be honest. Missed a few tackles, bit on all the play actions like usual and really had no impact on the game until his INT, which was a nice play. Think the splash play in OT made it look like he played well, when in reality it was a typical Ray Ray game. 

He was out of position on a couple of Macks runs, I just havent been impressed with Bowman. I'm not sure that Bowman/Foster is better than RayRay/Foster right now. never thought i'd be saying that, kinda bummed writing it honestly.  

2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

He was out of position on a couple of Macks runs, I just havent been impressed with Bowman. I'm not sure that Bowman/Foster is better than RayRay/Foster right now. never thought i'd be saying that, kinda bummed writing it honestly.  

I really wonder if he's back on the team next year. It's not ideal to cut him this soon into his deal, but we would actually still save 6 million against the cap in that regard, so it's not the worst thing ever financially. I just don't know what's there with him any more. A 2 down thumping linebacker who really isn't getting to the ball carriers as quickly in the past? 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

I really wonder if he's back on the team next year. It's not ideal to cut him this soon into his deal, but we would actually still save 6 million against the cap in that regard, so it's not the worst thing ever financially. I just don't know what's there with him any more. A 2 down thumping linebacker who really isn't getting to the ball carriers as quickly in the past? 

I agree. Bowman in his prime was extremely athletic and played fast. Now obviously he's not in his prime anymore but I'm not so sure it's his athleticism that's affecting him as much, as even a less athletic Bowman would be your typical average athletic NFL LB, but it seems like he's a step behind mentally. Maybe he's a little uncertain in his body after all these injuries, maybe mentally he's not processing everything out on the field as quickly having played so little in recent years.

Bowman had a bad week, no doubt. I wonder if the turf on that field was part of the equation. Looked pretty stiff.

I said going into this season that we should plan on never having Bow back. So anything we get from the guy is a plus in my eyes. 

53 minutes ago, N4L said:

Bowman had a bad week, no doubt. I wonder if the turf on that field was part of the equation. Looked pretty stiff.

I said going into this season that we should plan on never having Bow back. So anything we get from the guy is a plus in my eyes. 

I consider it only a plus because our back ups are pretty bad. So he's still ahead of those guys. I don't know that Bowman is an average starting linebacker at this point league wide though. 

Archived