Week 6 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Washington Redskins

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, straighthate said:

We keep saying how great of a job the Browns are doing at tanking but give us some credit. We're making it look good!

Yeah, I just said this as well - We're tanking with class, as opposed to just being wildly awful. 

28 minutes ago, ninerfanwheelz said:

Ugh, need Beathard to play better than that or we're destined for $30 mil to Kirk Cousins. Not sure he has more in him, though

After his first game (3 quarters) you think it’s fair to say he doesn’t have more in him? Not everyone comes out playing like an all pro. You’ve gotta be at least moderately content with Beathard’s game today. 

Nah, I'm not content with his play. It was a bad performance mixed in with a nice 50+ yard pass to Robinson. But it was his first game so hard to be upset at the performance.

How many times do you guys think Hoyer has been benched in his career?

5 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

After his first game (3 quarters) you think it’s fair to say he doesn’t have more in him? Not everyone comes out playing like an all pro. You’ve gotta be at least moderately content with Beathard’s game today. 

I'm content with his performance in a vacuum. I think that's who he is, though - if he does have more in him, I don't think it'll show this year. But for me it's about avoiding that Cousins contract, and I don't think he'll play to the level he would need to in order to take Kyle's eyes off of Kirk.

First off, I just want to say that the Garçon PI call was absolute crap. You guys deserved a shot at the FG and I honestly think that Gould would've hit that. BUT I will say that Beathard looked very good and actually reminded me of a younger Cousins. Here's the thing. If you can develop those mid round QBs, they CAN actually pan out. Cousin is proof of it. I've always been skeptical of those mid round QBs and I honestly never thought in a million years that Cousins would turn into a top 15 QB. I think you may have something in Beathard. Now, he will have plenty of bumps and bruises along the way but the good news is that you are in no rush to push him. I don't know if he'll develop or not, but there was something very similar with him when i watched. Shanahan is probably the best QB coach for him so I just want to say, from an outside perspective,  there is definitely something to work with here. 

Other note:

Good game, guys. You guys have showed a lot of heart this year. The second half you played with nothing but straight HEART. I know its tough to lose the amount of games you've lost, but you have such a bright future ahead of you. I do think Shanahan is going to be a great coach and your defense (outside of cornerback) is oozing with young talent. I know your team will continue to grow, and honestly you got screwed over by the refs on this game. Good luck to you guys and I'll keep monitoring the Cousins situation. You might be ok with CJ though, if the FO can be patient. 

Yeah, it was a weak call but I don't think many are upset with the loss. It was another competitive loss and that's all we could ask for right now. 

The team is playing hard no doubt. Last few years we would have been blown out this game. 

I don't think Beathard played all that well. Not bad for his debut, but he was very fortunate on numerous occasions. Lets see how he does the rest of the way, but I wouldn't expect him to be anything other than a back up in this league. 

Good luck rest of the way and hopefully your secondary gets healthy soon. 

Archived