Week 6 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Washington Redskins

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, Dashing202 said:

We didn't give him the contract because the cap increases every year . And there was time that Kirk cousins was up and down earlier this year .we wanted to make sure he was a good and not just a two year wonder .

hes gonna stay .

Honestly, if he stays that's perfectly fine. Having a choice between either Rosen/Darnold, Jackson, Allen, Rudolph, etc is not the worst of things. Only thing with that option is, we miss out on of the top pass rushers in a draft that has some elite ones. Oh well, guess you take the best of the bunch in the 2nd round or even trade back up in the 1st to take one. And if that doesn't happen, wait until the 2019 to address that. Not like this is a team ready to win a Super Bowl anytime soon.

34 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So the last two games he's allowed two completions on 10 targets for 22 yards with 3 PDs and 1 INT. Take it back to the Cards game, and it becomes 8 completions on 24 targets for around 100 yards. But the Cards game was far from good as he had a few penalties and made some bonehead plays. Still, he is trending in the right direction. He gets a bigger test next week against Dez and the crew.

Love seeing this with Robinson, just another example we need to be patient with these young fellas especially. 

Witherspoon got a lot of run too, I'm not sure what his numbers are but I saw a couple plays that really stood out. The first was an inside run where the back got past the dline and the backers were nowhere in sight, then Witherspoon swooped in and took the legs out from him for a 5 yard gain in what could have been 15+. Then a play or two later they threw a standstill to the receiver he was covering and he made a great 1 on 1 tackle to stop him for little/no gain. His tackling this week showed me some real progress. 

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

We didn't give him the contract because the cap increases every year . And there was time that Kirk cousins was up and down earlier this year .we wanted to make sure he was a good and not just a two year wonder .

hes gonna stay .

I'm sure he appreciated that media session via Bruce Allen a couple months back.

1 hour ago, Dashing202 said:

hes gonna stay .

You did attempt to give him a contract...several times in fact. He just laughed at the offer every time. That was the team's fault. This year, he didn't even give a counter offer. We will see what happens. I'm not sure that we sign him, but I'm definitely not sure that washington does either. It takes two to sign that contract, and if he doesn't want to be there, then he doesn't want to be there. 

As most have said in this thread - we are good either way. 

42 minutes ago, Forge said:

You did attempt to give him a contract...several times in fact. He just laughed at the offer every time. That was the team's fault. This year, he didn't even give a counter offer. We will see what happens. I'm not sure that we sign him, but I'm definitely not sure that washington does either. It takes two to sign that contract, and if he doesn't want to be there, then he doesn't want to be there. 

As most have said in this thread - we are good either way. 

True 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

Dude was the last of the bonus babies, has made an incredible amount of money in the NFL (particularly given what he's actually done), I wouldn't blame him one iota for bouncing. 

For a guy that thought Beathard was nowhere near ready to start, have to say i was pretty impressed with what he was able to accomplish yesterday. Granted he had some throws where he was late on reads and would have been ints if he was going against better comp but he didnt looked overwhelm or like the stage was too big for him. Thats big for a rookie coming in with no reps during the week, fresh off the bench. He really does need to tigthen up his drops and footwork but having more work against starting level defenses should help him understand the importance of getting to his spots in a timely manner. You could tell the timing was off for him and the WRs at times so more reps and familarity with the one's should help as well. Hopefully his deep ball has improved, as i thought he really struggled with that in pre-season. Still say he's looks more like a capable back-up than a starting NFL QB but he could defintely surprise me if he can just build on the little things, get better with studying defenses and speed up his mental clock.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I guess Lynch takes his spot? Thomas gets to rush more from the inside something that should have happened from day one. 

That's some kind of good bad news? I'll take it. I soooo would have traded Arik in the offseason. Even if we don't get fair value for him, whatever we could have gotten would have been better than wasting his talent being miscast in this defense. It's not fair to him and to us. But now he's out, and we don't really have to worry about the distribution of playing time so much.

6 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

For a guy that thought Beathard was nowhere near ready to start, have to say i was pretty impressed with what he was able to accomplish yesterday. Granted he had some throws where he was late on reads and would have been ints if he was going against better comp but he didnt looked overwhelm or like the stage was too big for him. Thats big for a rookie coming in with no reps during the week, fresh off the bench. He really does need to tigthen up his drops and footwork but having more work against starting level defenses should help him understand the importance of getting to his spots in a timely manner. You could tell the timing was off for him and the WRs at times so more reps and familarity with the one's should help as well. Hopefully his deep ball has improved, as i thought he really struggled with that in pre-season. Still say he's looks more like a capable back-up than a starting NFL QB but he could defintely surprise me if he can just build on the little things, get better with studying defenses and speed up his mental clock.

Even if BeatHard is never more than a capable back-up, I'll take it. Successful NFL teams need a capable back-up. Even if it's just not to lose a game, it might be enough to keep playoff hopes alive, somewhere down the road. You know who no one ever cared about but was beloved by his coaches and teammates? Jim Sorgi. BeatHard can be the long-term back-up to our future long-term franchise QB, and I'm fine with it.

Yeah, it does look like at a minimum, CJ will be a solid backup QB. Say what you want about his physical abilities, but the guy is a gamer. I want a gamer as my backup. Someone who will come in grind out tough games. 

Ill be the first to say it, we are going to win next week. No Zeke and the cowboys locker room going through a little turmoil. I expect this game to be our first complete game from start to finish

Archived