Week 6 GDT - San Francisco 49ers @ Washington Redskins

J-ALL-DAY

18 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

It wasn't the PFF system. It was Raiders fans on Reddit a couple of seasons back. Apparently he was the worst LB ever or something. 

You said he's been able to up his game and I'm saying he's pretty much the same players he's always been. And as for Raiders fans saying he's the worst LB ever? Well, that's what fan bases tend to do. The bad players are always the worst players ever lol.

Yeah, I'm not expecting a great performance or anything, but better than Carolina/LAR will be ideal. I mean like you said, we didn't do anything against those two games. Saleh also started to blitz more after the Rams game. That obviously helps but then exposes the DBs in coverage, especially down the field.

Expect the Redskins to test us deep early and often. 

5 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

there might be some Free Agents other than Cousins that we might wanna poach from this skins team to keep an eye out for. WR's Terell Pryor, Ryan Grant. CB Bashaud Breeland

I feel like I want to see Pryor be more consistent. I Think the NFL may have known something most fans this offseason didn't. Everyone was so shocked that he had such a tepid market and had to sign a one year prove it deal, but he hasn't played very well this year at all. I think as fans, most of us may have been tantalized by the numbers he put up in the Cleveland offense without actually acknowledging how good of a receiver he was on the field. 

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like I want to see Pryor be more consistent. I Think the NFL may have known something most fans this offseason didn't. Everyone was so shocked that he had such a tepid market and had to sign a one year prove it deal, but he hasn't played very well this year at all. I think as fans, most of us may have been tantalized by the numbers he put up in the Cleveland offense without actually acknowledging how good of a receiver he was on the field. 

He's still learning the technique and the nuances of becoming a WR. The dude has the size and all the athletic ability in the world, he just needs to put it all together. I don't remember him having drop issues with the Browns so I think that can be attributed to him trying to do to much and overthinking everything. Other than week 1 and week 4 Cousins hasn't really tried Pryor deep or entrusted him with a 50/50 ball. That's where Pryor needs to stop thinking so much and use his god given ability. I do agree with you @Forge that he definitely needs to be more consistent on the field but his natural ability coupled with his work ethic, put in a lot of time working with great WRs this offseason and even in his progression from QB to WR happening so effectively so quickly, I think he'll be alright. He is older, I think almost 29 if not already, but there isn't a whole lot of wear and tear on his body so his prime might happen a bit later than usual. 

Just now, Fureys49ers said:

He's still learning the technique and the nuances of becoming a WR. The dude has the size and all the athletic ability in the world, he just needs to put it all together. I don't remember him having drop issues with the Browns so I think that can be attributed to him trying to do to much and overthinking everything. Other than week 1 and week 4 Cousins hasn't really tried Pryor deep or entrusted him with a 50/50 ball. That's where Pryor needs to stop thinking so much and use his god given ability. I do agree with you @Forge that he definitely needs to be more consistent on the field but his natural ability coupled with his work ethic, put in a lot of time working with great WRs this offseason and even in his progression from QB to WR happening so effectively so quickly, I think he'll be alright. He is older, I think almost 29 if not already, but there isn't a whole lot of wear and tear on his body so his prime might happen a bit later than usual. 

Yeah, it could. As an OSU fan, I've never actually been a huge fan of Pryor overall. That being said, I wasn't sure why we went after Goodwin as opposed to him. I would have much rather have had Pryor going into the season.  There are some tantalizing wide receivers who are possibly going to be available this off season. Obviously, some of them will re-sign or get franchised or whatever, but there are quite a few that I'd like to be in on if they hit the market. 

On 10/11/2017 at 1:46 PM, Forge said:

Credit where credit is due. Regardless of how you feel about the protest (and let's not get into that here), I think that Jed has really handled this whole thing with Aplomb. He's backed his players, made extra charitable donations to support...I feel like he's handled this entire thing very well for a guy that we love to hate on. 

I think he's handled it terribly, but I don't think I can get into too many specifics. I think you either think he's handled it good or bad depending on what side of the protest you're on. He's posted plenty of tweets that alienate half his fan base (ok, 35% of his fan base in the Bay Area) and surely some of his players as well.  Most importantly he really did nothing, good or bad, regarding the original Kap and Reid protest.  May not have had an impact, but Jed was on the front line when this all started and maybe it's possible that he could have done something, whether its bench a player for kneeling or create a team protest that could have been perceived as positive, or something else, that could have made this go away or shift direction right in the beginning. Jed was the one person who could have potentially stopped this or shaped it from day 1 so half my feed on espn wouldn't be about the National Anthem every Sunday. 

I think it's probably clear where I stand on this deal, but that's not my point to discuss. I'm just wondering what has Jed done that would make anyone say he's handled it well?   He did nothing except like liberal articles on twitter. But he did not lead in any way. I didn't see him startva focus group with players or further any discussion or bring the league owners together to discuss a strategy, gameplan, or end game to this. The players have done it all on their own while ownership has watched it go down (along with league ratings and attendance) with out any action. I personally would not let my brand (49ers AND the NFL) be affected so much by my employees (the players) without having a strategy and pushing to effect the outcome. If he and the rest of the owners and the commissioner did have one well, just look at the ratings results and it's clear the strategy was not in the best interest of the brand. But I don't believe there was one, and no strategy is worse than a bad one. And once again, Jed was on the very very front line of that. 

Rant over, sorry, not trying to be political, just trying to talk about Jed as a business owner and it's a little tough to steer completely clear of what goes into this conversation!

L-O-L, your reasoning is exactly why he has handled this great. Could have benched someone for kneeling to make it go away? You sure THAT would made it better? Immediately after Kap's protest became known, York donated a million dollars to the cause. He supported those that were kneeeling and was willing to listen to the message behind it. York allowed the players to exercise their rights of kneeling and hasn't forced them to do anything, unlike other owners, who lets be real were/are big supporters of a certain individual.

Anyways, over/under four mentions on the broadcast of Cousins potentially being a 49er next season?

13 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Anyways, over/under four mentions on the broadcast of Cousins potentially being a 49er next season?

It's got to be over lol. With another 3-5 mentions on how Shanny "liked" Cousins, and had faith him in and yadda yadda yadda lol

Oh yeah, especially early on it is going to be brutal. Cousins makes a good throw...."What must be going through Shahahan's mind after that throw?" lol. 

Did anyone catch Foster's interview after practice yesterday? Dude is hilarious, just give that man his candy!!

25 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

L-O-L, your reasoning is exactly why he has handled this great. Could have benched someone for kneeling to make it go away? You sure THAT would made it better? Immediately after Kap's protest became known, York donated a million dollars to the cause. He supported those that were kneeeling and was willing to listen to the message behind it. York allowed the players to exercise their rights of kneeling and hasn't forced them to do anything, unlike other owners, who lets be real were/are big supporters of a certain individual.

14 hours ago, straighthate said:

whether its bench a player for kneeling or create a team protest that could have been perceived as positive

He seemed pretty clear in his post that he wasnt sure it would have made it better, but I think asking the owner to have better control of a situation that has evolved into something that has probably ended the football career of Kaep and created the most divisive political narrative in the leagues history isnt too much to ask. As an Owner who's on the players side he should have done more than just sign checks and turn a blind eye. 

What do you mean just sign a check and turn a blind eye? He is doing something by not getting in the way of the protest and listening to the message. Look at his tweets encouraging everyone to hear why Reid and others are protesting and supporting that. 

The reason this has turned into what it has THIS season is because the owners blackballed Kap and #45's comments. If Kap would have been signed, this wouldn't have turned into the joke it has. And when I mean joke, I'm referring to the BS teams like the Cowboys or Saints are doing. Now the message has been completely lost and turned into something it wasn't intended to be. So instead of blaming York, blame other owners who continue to sign inferior QBs to Kap and are trying their hardest not to get in #45's bad side. 

Kind of wish I hadn't posted that tweet, as I really didn't think that there would be a division from fans on the way he's handled the situation. That was a miscalculation on my part lol. #Modfail. We are obviously straddling a line that we don't want to be in here, but I'd like to think that we are mature enough to say what we all need to say and move on without this turning into anything else.

I'm imagining a scenario where York helps guide this issue using his political, financial, and all the powers that go with being the owner of one of the most popular teams in the nation. donating a million dollars is a drop in the bucket for this issue, there has been a division among his own teams fans and the league from this. 

We both agree the message has been lost, and while you might think thats all due to outside factors and York did everything in his power to help and support his players, I dont think he did. I think this event could have been handled in a more diplomatic way and York had the power to guide this issue that clearly has gotten out of hand. 

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

Kind of wish I hadn't posted that tweet, as I really didn't think that there would be a division from fans on the way he's handled the situation. That was a miscalculation on my part lol. #Modfail. We are obviously straddling a line that we don't want to be in here, but I'd like to think that we are mature enough to say what we all need to say and move on without this turning into anything else.

Sorry, but this is unacceptable. Because of this:

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgYAAAAJGI0YTI5ZWNjLWUwODAt

LOL!! But really, no big deal. The discussion was fine, it didn't get out of hand or personal.

Back to 49ers topic,

https://www.fanragsports.com/trent-brown-on-way-to-becoming-elite-rt-for-49ers/

Great breakdown on how Trent Brown has become one of the best tackles in the game but still has a lot of room for improvement. This guy knows his stuff.

Archived