Lets rally behind Heinicke

Vladimir L

2 hours ago, Woz said:
  1. Smith
  2. Heinicke
  3. Haskins
  4. Montez

Only reason I have Montez at 4 is simply because he hasn't thrown a pass in the pros. Haskins is on a short leash.

Sorry Woz, gonna have to reorder our QB depth chart for ya..

1. Smith
  2. Heinicke
  3. Montez
  4. Logan Thomas
  5. WFT clean up crew
  6. Santa Clause

450) Haskins

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Had they clinched today, I would agree with you.

Question is: do you want to gamble the division on a looksie?

Not much to lose we wony be doing anything

we can evaluate talent and if we win against the eagle...might have our qb for next year...imagine if we go to the olayoff and win a divisional game

40 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Not much to lose we wony be doing anything

we can evaluate talent and if we win against the eagle...might have our qb for next year...imagine if we go to the olayoff and win a divisional game

A one game evaluation? That's worth, what exactly?

16 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

if he wins it will be two games :)

That assumes that they don't go with Smith in the ensuing game.

Also, what happens if they lose by say a missed field goal, or a dropped TD pass, or a tipped interception? Still worth a one game tryout to make long term decisions?

Edited by Woz

1 hour ago, Woz said:

That assumes that they don't go with Smith in the ensuing game.

Also, what happens if they lose by say a missed field goal, or a dropped TD pass, or a tipped interception? Still worth a one game tryout to make long term decisions?

We arent drafting Wilson, Fields nor Lawrence.

Make it an RG3 and Kirk type of deal.

Bring in a 3rd round qb like Mac from Alabama.

6 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

We arent drafting Wilson, Fields nor Lawrence.

Make it an RG3 and Kirk type of deal.

Bring in a 3rd round qb like Mac from Alabama.

You are suggesting that they dictate their 3rd round decision (a round that has seen them draft both Terry McLaurin and Antonio Gibson in back to back years) based on a single game's result. This one start is likely somewhere on the order of 25 pass attempts.

Keep in mind that they would have to retain Heinicke as he's an unrestricted free agent after the season. Further keep in mind that Washington represents Heinicke's fifth team and that he was completely out of the league prior to Washington giving him a call. Further keep in mind that Rivera saw Heinicke for a full offseason last year and cut him before the start of the season and didn't bother putting him on the practice squad (kept Kyle Allen and Will Grier ahead of him).

They should approach the offseason as if they have a single competent quarterback on the roster and that one quarterback is likely going to win Comeback Player of the Year due to the fact that it was open question whether he would ever walk again much less play in the NFL. Said quarterback will also be 37 next season. The rest of the players on the roster are all negative responses (Haskins and Allen) or unknown answers (Montez and Heinicke) to the question "is this player a NFL caliber QB they can build around?"

Whatever Heinicke does or doesn't do next week should make little difference in what Washington does going forward.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Over Haskins, YES ! I never want to see that Number 7 on the field unless someone else gets it .

A little context was lost due to my selecting one sentence out of the comment:

13 hours ago, Vladimir L said:
13 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I would rather just root for Alex Smith to start next week.

Rather would see what we have with him.

Guy could be the next Kurt Warner or Tony Romo.

Vlad was saying that he would go with Heinicke over Alex Smith to see determine if he was the next great UDFA QB that could lead us to the promised land, not Heinicke over Haskins (which is almost assuredly going to happen if Smith cannot go).

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

A little context was lost due to my selecting one sentence out of the comment:

Vlad was saying that he would go with Heinicke over Alex Smith to see determine if he was the next great UDFA QB that could lead us to the promised land, not Heinicke over Haskins (which is almost assuredly going to happen if Smith cannot go).

O K, missed that. I'd go with Smith if he's a 100% or Heinicke otherwise, backed up bye Montez and L Thomas.

13 hours ago, lavar703 said:

What I’m really saying is if Alex can’t go we have no chance. Heinecke played decent but you give a DC like Schwartz a week to prepare for him and it’s lights out. 

Schwartz will just blitz Heinicke and run zero coverage, if Heinecke gets the ball out quick we could get big plays.

I know it’s not likely, but possible.