Lets rally behind Heinicke

Vladimir L

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Schwartz will just blitz Heinicke and run zero coverage, if Heinecke gets the ball out quick we could get big plays.

I know it’s not likely, but possible.

They’ll play a ton of man, which is probably going to make things tough on Heinicke with that pop gun arm and this receiver group. Getting McLaurin back would be huge for him, because he’s the one guy who can actually separate against man coverage — but even that may have limited impact with the way Slay gets up to play against him. 

I’ve been shocked at how bad the Philly defense has been. I know they’ve got some holes, and probably some injuries, but 37 to the Dalton Cowboys and 33 to the Cardinals with a half-armed Murray? That’s awful. Gives us a little hope at least.

Edited by e16bball

12 minutes ago, e16bball said:

They’ll play a ton of man, which is probably going to make things tough on Heinicke with that pop gun arm and this receiver group. Getting McLaurin back would be huge for him, because he’s the one guy who can actually separate against man coverage — but even that may have limited impact with the way Slay gets up to play against him. 

I’ve been shocked at how bad the Philly defense has been. I know they’ve got some holes, and probably some injuries, but 37 to the Dalton Cowboys and 33 to the Cardinals with a half-armed Murray? That’s awful. Gives us a little hope at least.

They’ve had injuries to their secondary and their LBs aren’t very good. I think Slay has battled injuries too. I thought that I remember hearing they moved Mills back to corner bc of the injuries to their corners.

And let’s be honest, their secondary hasn’t been good all year. Yeah they have Slay, but even Haskins tore them apart in the 2nd half of week 1. 

Heinicke-He makes a little in the pocket move that I love. He fakes like he's taking off and then backs up a coupla steps - buys more time .  Vintage Romo move . Russell Wilson too. nice feet . Pop gun arm is a leeeetle harsh. From what I've read . he's at least average. Did  lot of work with Jeff Garcia.

52 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Heinicke-He makes a little in the pocket move that I love. He fakes like he's taking off and then backs up a coupla steps - buys more time .  Vintage Romo move . Russell Wilson too. nice feet . Pop gun arm is a leeeetle harsh. From what I've read . he's at least average. Did  lot of work with Jeff Garcia.

We can certainly do worse. At least he makes smart decisions with the ball. I like how he scoots for 5 yards when there’s nothing open downfield.

Edited by turtle28

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

In the one game he started with Carolina he had 1 TD and 3 INTs so I think we've seen maybe a limited sample of the guy and to tape expectations.

Yes, but one game a few years ago is also a small sample size. He could have grown & learned since then as well.

22 hours ago, taylor made said:

In the one game he started with Carolina he had 1 TD and 3 INTs so I think we've seen maybe a limited sample of the guy and to taper expectations.

Yep.  This is what happens when you put a qb in during garbage time.  Carolina were just happy for the clock to run.