Will there be a prime time game week 17?

WheatieMan

If the Titans lose this, we have:

Indy, Titans, Browns, Ravens, Fins. Games must be played simultaneously with the Colts game to avoid competitive disadvantage if the Colts are somehow swept by the Jags.

Rams Cardinals will be deciding the last two WC spots but the game probably has to be played simultaneously with Chicago GB so Rams can’t clinch ahead of time with a Chicago loss.

Skins can clinch with a win so putting Giants Cowboys in prime time won’t make sense if it’s wrapped up by the Skins prior.

Or you can put Eagles Skins in Prime time even though Eagles are already eliminated, because Skins are win and in unless Cowboys and Giants tie.

I expect it to be Eagles Skins but suspect they will cancel the prime time game.

• Like 1

I think there will be and Rams/Cardinals would be my guess, followed by the Steelers/Browns.

Rams/Cardinals makes the most sense, because if the Bears beat the Packers in the morning game, then the Rams/Cardinals becomes a loser goes home game and the ratings would be pretty high. 

Edited by BayRaider

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think there will be and Rams/Cardinals would be my guess, followed by the Steelers/Browns.

Rams/Cardinals makes the most sense, because if the Bears beat the Packers in the morning game, then the Rams/Cardinals becomes a loser goes home game and the ratings would be pretty high. 

I suspect the AFC WC deciding slate will be scheduled for the early games and the 4 important NFC games will be the afternoon schedule.  Phi/Was seems like the best contender for the Sun night game.

Of course they could blow the whole thing up and schedule GB/CHI for Sun Night for ratings and a game that could mean a lot, or it could mean absolutely nothing.  

If you put Rams/Cards in that spot, that game could be a defacto playoff game if the Bears win, or it could be totally meaningless to the Rams.

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I suspect the AFC WC deciding slate will be scheduled for the early games and the 4 important NFC games will be the afternoon schedule.  Phi/Was seems like the best contender for the Sun night game.

Of course they could blow the whole thing up and schedule GB/CHI for Sun Night for ratings and a game that could mean a lot, or it could mean absolutely nothing.  

If you put Rams/Cards in that spot, that game could be a defacto playoff game if the Bears win, or it could be totally meaningless to the Rams.

Yes, this is how they’ve done it historically. It just happens that so many AFC teams are in it that we’ve to split AFC and NFC to early and late windows as such, and also due to time zone implications. They will have to sell a third stringer or maybe Smith versus Hurts in prime time. WFT lose, Giant/Cowboy winner is in. It will do a massive rating for those respective fan bases.

Edited by WheatieMan

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Philly is eliminated, so that doesn’t make sense. 

NFL has two choices imo. Rams/Cards or Browns/Steelers. I’d do Rams/Cards and hope the Bears beat the Packers if I’m the NFL. Then you got yourselves a Win or Go Home Playoff Game between the Rams and Cardinals. 

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

NFL has two choices imo. Rams/Cards or Browns/Steelers. I’d do Rams/Cards and hope the Bears beat the Packers if I’m the NFL. Then you got yourselves a Win or Go Home Playoff Game between the Rams and Cardinals. 

If the Packers win tonight then NBC could bet on that as Lafleur could end up resting for two weeks. Not sure what his mentality is on that though.

Edited by WheatieMan

Washington vs Philly will likely be a snooze fest especially if Alex Smith is not playing. If Alex Smith is playing they might have a chance but idk bout this game man I don't see Washington having much of a chance with Dwayne Haskins at QB.

Edited by JohnCena

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Regardless of Philly being eliminated, the game is going to mean something.  Maybe the only game that will absolutely mean something regardless of outside influences.  The rest of the meaningful games have issues where they could become totally meaningless to one or both parties.  Washington has to win to get in, no matter what happens anywhere else.  If they are going to put on a SNF game that means something, that is the logical conclusion.  Specifically Rams/Cards, if they put that game on SNF, if GB beats the Bears, the Rams have no incentive to play Goff.  Rams rest the starters, AZ probably walks into the playoffs without resistance.  

Steelers/Browns would be even worse.  If the Bills lock up the #2 seed in the morning, the Steelers have nothing to play for and Duck Hodges is their QB.  If the Titans beat the Texans and the Colts beat the walking dead Jags, the Browns are eliminated.  

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Only logical choice. If Washington wins then they’re in. 

And if they lose they BOTH go home, so we just watched bottom dwellars play for no reason.  That would be the dumbest waste of SNF.

Edited by Zalixar