Will there be a prime time game week 17?

WheatieMan

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

philly - wash is sadly the only thing that makes sense

their game doesnt depend on other games

Can't wait to see Wash lose then their last primetime game before the playoffs becomes two bottom cellar teams with neither getting in.

Sounds exciting. 

Edited by Zalixar

Just now, Zalixar said:

Can't wait to see Wash lose then their last primetime game before the playoffs becomes two bottom cellar teams with neither getting in.

Sounds exciting. 

they will show shots of that nfc winner between giants/cowboys anxiously looking on.

you know they cant pass it up

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

they will show shots of that nfc winner between giants/cowboys anxiously looking on.

you know they cant pass it up

I'd rather watch Colts/Jags.

They shouldn't have one.  They did that in 2017.

I'm rooting for Eagles to win so it can be a dumb game was put on primetime.

If Eagles won today, 100% for it.

4 minutes ago, Zalixar said:

Sounds exciting. 

But the game itself will mean something.  That's all that matters to the NFL.  They want to keep everyone playing as much as they possibly can.  If they wanted ratings they could just put GB/CHI on which always does big #s regardless of what is happening to either team.  That's not what they are looking for.  They want to finish the regular season with a game that determined the last playoff spot.  Then they spend the next year talking about how great the league is that the last playoff spot was decided in the very last game.

1 minute ago, Zalixar said:

I'd rather watch Colts/Jags.

They shouldn't have one.  They did that in 2017.

I'm rooting for Eagles to win so it can be a dumb game was put on primetime.

If Eagles won today, 100% for it.

colts/jags will be a laugher in a bad way

wash/eagles would be good-bad entertainment

No matter what happens earlier in the day, the PHI/WSH game will mean something. That being said, come on NFL/NBC. Even though this game means something for the playoffs it’s two garbage teams.

If the same playoff scenario applied to two teams from the AFC South, for example, the game wouldn’t be flexed to SNF; the fact that it’s two big market teams from the East Coast played at least some role in this choice of games. 

WFT/Eagles was the only choice they could make. It's the only game that will be meaningful regardless of other results. 

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

No matter what happens earlier in the day, the PHI/WSH game will mean something. That being said, come on NFL/NBC. Even though this game means something for the playoffs it’s two garbage teams.

If the same playoff scenario applied to two teams from the AFC South, for example, the game wouldn’t be flexed to SNF; the fact that it’s two big market teams from the East Coast played at least some role in this choice of games. 

If the AFC South game was the only game in the whole week guaranteed to be for a division title? Yes it would be flexed. 

3 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Of course it played a role.

And I also bet, this will be the most viewed football game of the year. (Or with the highest tv rating) with the exception to the playoff games.

Want to know the highest rated tv game of the year up to this point?

Washington vs Dallas on Thanksgiving.

6 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Regardless of Philly being eliminated, the game is going to mean something.  Maybe the only game that will absolutely mean something regardless of outside influences.  The rest of the meaningful games have issues where they could become totally meaningless to one or both parties.  Washington has to win to get in, no matter what happens anywhere else.  If they are going to put on a SNF game that means something, that is the logical conclusion.  Specifically Rams/Cards, if they put that game on SNF, if GB beats the Bears, the Rams have no incentive to play Goff.  Rams rest the starters, AZ probably walks into the playoffs without resistance.  

Steelers/Browns would be even worse.  If the Bills lock up the #2 seed in the morning, the Steelers have nothing to play for and Duck Hodges is their QB.  If the Titans beat the Texans and the Colts beat the walking dead Jags, the Browns are eliminated.  

I’m looking at the seedings currently and your Browns take is wrong...... according to ESPN. Just thought I’d throw it out there. 

22 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Redskins at Eagles is such a boring game. 

No idea why NBC sports loves that division.... such a terrible division. I feel so bad that one of those teams will make it but youll have a 10 or 11 win team miss out on the playoffs in AFC.

How is that relevant to us? We dont play in the AFC. Unless you are pointing out that our division gave those teams a bunch of freebee wins.