Will there be a prime time game week 17?

WheatieMan

36 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

NFC East has the most titles no?

5+4+3+1 = 13

What other division is close? Not to mention the markets involved. Why do the ratings and preferential treatment continue to amaze people?

Seriously. I haven't really looked, but do any other divisions claim a market combination of Philly. Dallas, NY, and DC?

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Seriously. I haven't really looked, but do any other divisions claim a market combination of Philly. Dallas, NY, and DC?

NBA divisions are a recent phenomenon and NHL has tried to solidify things with their division setup (Flyers NYI/R and Capitals) but why compare those sports in terms of regular season TV viewership? You just can’t compete with markets like the NFC East.

Edited by WheatieMan

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

Redskins at Eagles is such a boring game. 

No idea why NBC sports loves that division.... such a terrible division. I feel so bad that one of those teams will make it but youll have a 10 or 11 win team miss out on the playoffs in AFC.

They had no choice. The NFL won't allow them to flex a game that's dependent on other games to avoid a team in primetime having nothing to play for. So their choices were the "win and in" Washington game or a game with no playoff implications whatsoever.

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

They had no choice. The NFL won't allow them to flex a game that's dependent on other games to avoid a team in primetime having nothing to play for. So their choices were the "win and in" Washington game or a game with no playoff implications whatsoever.

It’s has nothing to do with the “NFL”. **** Ebersol, NBC head honcho, has a pattern of this. They can take any game sitting there by rule week 17. He has always taken the “win and in” game. The game cannot be contingent on an earlier result with the potential to render it meaningless for at least one if not both teams playing in prime time. I am not sure if NBC or the NFL had to override the other the year SNF was cancelled for week 17.