AFC Re-Alignment

DigInBoys

There's several teams that appear very out of place geographically speaking.

I think these teams need to be moved: Miami, Indianapolis, and Baltimore.

It should be:

AFC East:

Buffalo

New England

Baltimore

NY Jets

AFC North:

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Cincinnatti

Indianapolis

AFC South:

Houston

Tennessee 

Miami

Jacksonville

AFC West:

No Changes

the teams are divided for other reasons that have nothing to do with region. They want certain teams to not cancel out other teams for playoff spots. its why they made 4 divisions. Indi and Pitt will never be in the same division

although I would like to see them schedule games regardless of division or what ever, every year..like in State rivalries or regions or historic

Steelers v Eagles

Ravens v Redskins

Miami-Tampa- Jaguars

Dallas v Chiefs-Texans

Redskins v Chiefs lol

Rams vs Browns.Rams started in Ohio

Cardinals vs Bears.. Cards started in Chicago

This idea actually makes a ton of sense geographically, but highly doubtful it ever happens.  I've always thought that having Indianapolis in the AFC South sounded stupid, but let's be honest here, where else is there realistically room for them to go or switch with another team?

17 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

This idea actually makes a ton of sense geographically, but highly doubtful it ever happens.  I've always thought that having Indianapolis in the AFC South sounded stupid, but let's be honest here, where else is there realistically room for them to go or switch with another team?

What's the problem with my proposal?

I think it could work. Lose Ravens/Steelers but a Patriots/Ravens rivalry is already kind of a thing. We've knocked each other out of the playoffs. 

You'd have the battle of Florida in Jags/Dolphins. I'm sure we could find some farming or steel work analogy for the Indianapolis/Pitts/Cleveland alignment. 

I like it @DigInBoys

If it should be sorted geographically, we should realign all divisions, and it would look something like this imo:

Div 1 – Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bills

Div 2 – Eagles, Ravens, Redskins, Stoolers

Div 3 – Bungels, Browns, Colts, Lions

Div 4 – Packers, Vikings, Bears, Chiefs

Div 5 – Panthers, Falcons, Titans, Rams

Div 6 – Dolphins, Jaguars, Bucs, Saints

Div 7 – Cardinals, Broncos, Cowboys, Texans

Div 8 – Hawks, 49’ers, Raiders, Chargers

No thanks, I like the divisions as they are now. Too much fun rivalries with fellow AFC East fans. Would be pretty annoyed if they did that. Besides, it's hard to argue against Miami from being in the AFC East. Just because the other three are north-east, doesn't mean we're not East.

Besides if you want to complain about divisions making no sense, the NFC East is far worse. Dallas is by no means "East". Could be easily swapped with Atlanta or Tampa Bay to make those divisions make more sense, no?

1 hour ago, Danand said:

If it should be sorted geographically, we should realign all divisions, and it would look something like this imo:

Div 1 – Patriots, Jets, Giants, Bills

Div 2 – Eagles, Ravens, Redskins, Stoolers

Div 3 – Bungels, Browns, Colts, Lions

Div 4 – Packers, Vikings, Bears, Chiefs

Div 5 – Panthers, Falcons, Titans, Rams

Div 6 – Dolphins, Jaguars, Bucs, Saints

Div 7 – Cardinals, Broncos, Cowboys, Texans

Div 8 – Hawks, 49’ers, Raiders, Chargers

Rams in the same div as South East teams? 

Rams, Raiders, 49ers, Chargers. Surely? 

Archived