Week 17: Dallas Cowboys @ New York Giants

Acgott

6 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

There goes the the 3rd pick in the draft and now I become an Eagles fan for one night.

We needed like 5 teams to pull off improbable wins to even get that pick. Bengals played the ravens. Bengals had no chance. And then the falcons played the buccs. Was not gonna happen. And the Lions against the Vikes. Too tall a task. Im proud of our win

Edited by Giants4eva

If Washington wins tonight, it means we will play the Dolphins rather than the Patriots, if the rumors are true that we play the AFC East for the new 17th game.

Our draft pick is 11 right now. The games below are the results we want.

Panthers win vs. Saints (8th)

Broncos win vs. Raiders (9th)

Chargers win vs. Chiefs (12th)

Just now, Go_Giants said:

Que Pasa?!

I can’t find the source where it said we will play the AFC East, so I may have imagined that part, but It will be an AFC opponent.

As we play the AFC west, that leaves our potential opponent as Browns, Dolphins, or Colts.

I watched that Eagles game last night and if u ask me we now have a new #1 public enemy. Pulling Hurts like they did shows why u dont tank a game on purpose. Pederson is going to lose locker rooms for that ignorant stunt he pulled last night. I should come to expect classless moves from a classless organization. I don't care at all if we would have lost in 1 game wild card matchup. Ethics and showing respect for the game is something philly will never learn.

Edited by Giants4eva

57 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

I watched that Eagles game last night and if u ask me we now have a new #1 public enemy. Pulling Hurts like they did shows why u dont tank a game on purpose. Pederson is going to lose locker rooms for that ignorant stunt he pulled last night. I should come to expect classless moves from a classless organization. I don't care at all if we would have lost in 1 game wild card matchup. Ethics and showing respect for the game is something philly will never learn.

It’s not a big deal. We are 6-10, we should not be going to the playoffs. Teams bench players all the time in Week 17. This is only getting attention because it was the final game. I found the whole situation pretty humorous.

• Like 2

I find it feasible Doug's explanation that getting Sudfeld reps was predetermined and Hurts backed that up in his interview. Hurts wasn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard either. And honestly WFT deserves it more then us.

Edited by Shockwave

14 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I find it feasible Doug's explanation that getting Sudfeld reps was predetermined and Hurts backed that up in his interview. Hurts wasn't exactly lighting up the scoreboard either. And honestly WFT deserves it more then us.

No they do not deserve it more than us. We swept them, we were one Evan Engram catch from sweeping the Eagles. We wrecked the Cowboys season by taking out Dak, then we sent the Cowboys home with a lost.

WFT is not the best team in the NFC East, the Giants are.

Edited by Go_Giants

We really don't deserve to be salty over it.. have to win more than 6 games and it's very easy to look back over the season and say shoulda, coulda, woulda (e.g. Evan Engram dropping the game sealing TD against these Eagles in Week 7). But that was just a bad look on so many levels. You spend a 2nd round pick on Jalen Hurts and while not playing great, he's playing his heart out and has a chance to make a name for himself with a gutsy win and you sit him for that guy? And claim you wanted to get him some reps? Why?

If Jalen Hurts or Wentz starts Week 1 next season, either should go take a knee in the endzone on the first drive. 

9 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

No they do not deserve it more than us. We swept them, we were one Evan Engram catch from sweeping the Eagles. We wrecked the Cowboys season by taking out Dak, then we sent the Cowboys home with a lost.

WFT is not the best team in the NFC East, the Giants are.

Statistically their season was better. WFT's defense was significantly better then ours:
YPG: 304.6 (#2)
PPG: 20.6 (#4)

And their offensive production was higher (albeit not much in YPG).

Yes we beat them head to head twice. And our win @ Seattle was impressive. You follow that up with two back to back abysmal games vs the Cards and Browns to finish out the season 2-3 in your last 5 games.

They won a super impressive game @Pitt , followed it up with a win @SF, and finished out the season 3-2.

They deserved it more.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Statistically their season was better. WFT's defense was significantly better then ours:
YPG: 304.6 (#2)
PPG: 20.6 (#4)

And their offensive production was higher (albeit not much in YPG).

Yes we beat them head to head twice. And our win @ Seattle was impressive. You follow that up with two back to back abysmal games vs the Cards and Browns to finish out the season 2-3 in your last 5 games.

They won a super impressive game @Pitt , followed it up with a win @SF, and finished out the season 3-2.

They deserved it more.

That 2-3 stretch was with a hurt Daniel Jones. 

Daniel Jones was clearly healthy, for the Cowboys game. 

This is not about the Giants alone, this about representing all of the NFC East. One play off win shut everyone up about the NFC Least. Who do you think stands a better chance against Tampa Bay. The Giants who almost beat Tampa Bay back when we were playing bad. Or the WFT who couldn't blow out an underman Eagles team that was giving them the win. 

I am not upset about it in the long run this helps us, we get a far better draft position and I think we can fix this team in one good offseason. It just would have been nice to shut everyone up about how much the NFC East sucks which I believe we could have done and don't believe the WFT can do.

The NFC East DOES suck. Winning a playoff game or not, every team finished below .500. Who cares what everyone else says about it. Results matter. We didn’t do enough. 90% of the games in the NFL, you can point to one play, where if it went the other direction, the result would have flipped. The good teams win those games. Bengals, Seahawks, Cowboys- we di

9 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

That 2-3 stretch was with a hurt Daniel Jones. 

Daniel Jones was clearly healthy, for the Cowboys game. 

This is not about the Giants alone, this about representing all of the NFC East. One play off win shut everyone up about the NFC Least. Who do you think stands a better chance against Tampa Bay. The Giants who almost beat Tampa Bay back when we were playing bad. Or the WFT who couldn't blow out an underman Eagles team that was giving them the win. 

I am not upset about it in the long run this helps us, we get a far better draft position and I think we can fix this team in one good offseason. It just would have been nice to shut everyone up about how much the NFC East sucks which I believe we could have done and don't believe the WFT can do.

Neither really. But I believe their defense is talented enough to give the TB offense fits. The entire NFC east DOES SUCK. But I think it's better to be represented by a 7-9 team who at least finished with a positive point differential then a 6-10 team with a negative PD.