Washington @ Philadelphia flexed to SNF for Week 17

TheKillerNacho

22 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well Seattle isn't behind the Rams this week or prior to I don't care what metric you use. It just shows how it is wrong.

GB/NO/SEA/TB are the top 4 teams. Rams could have been switched with TB prior to this week but certainly not SEA.

In the AFC the best teams currently are KC/BUF/Balt/Pitt

You can't use a metric to defend a position by using the metric as proof that the metric is an accurate metric.

Throw some obvious knowledge in there and see if the metric supports it.

Washington (who lost to Cleveland) is 4 fewer wins and was 3 spots up on them? C'mon. 4 win Atlanta is right behind Cleveland? C'mon. You have to be aware of the flaws in the system and yet still use it as concrete evidence of something?

You believe TB is better than KC? Rams better than Buffalo?

I agree w/ your top 4 in the NFC as of today. I think the update after this weekend will reflect that change w/ the Rams falling out and Seattle bumping up. It's a snapshot of what has happened. Lot of recency bias in dislike of LAR. They looked much better a few weeks ago, the metric will reflect what happened since.

Cleveland played Washington in like week 2 or 3 it looks like. DVOA accounts for every single game played since then and clearly better represents who both teams are today than what they were 3 months ago (but it also includes that result).

Every metric has flaws. DVOA has wayyyyy less than an elementary h2h comparison.

42 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Cleveland played Washington in like week 2 or 3 it looks like. DVOA accounts for every single game played since then and clearly better represents who both teams are today than what they were 3 months ago (but it also includes that result).

Browns are 8-4 since then with 2 wins against winning teams. The Football team is 5-7 in that time with 1 win over a winning team.

It seems to me it values defense over wins. Colts are too high, Rams are too high, WFT is too high, even prior to this past week. It may show the most complete teams more than the best teams.