GDT: Jump on board Team Playoffs...or is it Redball’s Revenge?

WizardHawk

I don’t know how it happened, but it did. Playoff mode engaged....

Lose and stay home. Redball takes a final dig at us and ends this crazy 2020 ride before being fired himself.

Or..

Win and open the door a little further to the possibility of getting in the playoffs....and drive home the last nail in Redball’s soon to be fired coffin.

2 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

I don’t know how it happened, but it did. Playoff mode engaged....

Lose and stay home. Redball takes a final dig at us and ends this crazy 2020 ride before being fired himself.

Or..

Win and open the door a little further to the possibility of getting in the playoffs....and drive home the last nail in Redball’s soon to be fired coffin.

Why is Garrett getting fired??

Dont look now, but the Iggles/ex-Reds×*%s game has just been moved to Sunday Night Primetime.

Scenarios for NFC East - Playoff game teams.

1. Dal vs NYG

Dallas needs a W and Wash L.                         NYG needs a W and a Wash L

2. Wash vs Philly-

Wash needs a W and they are in.

So, no matter who wins at 1:00, we will all have to wait until 11:30 to see who gets the final WC spot.

Place your bets, place your bets!!!

Questions:

1. Do the birds start Wentz after 2 consecutive losses?

2. If so, does he ball out as a shot at redemption?

3. Who is QB for the team formerly know as Redskins?

4. Can Dallas go into NY and continue to get TOs? This is a key component to our little win streak.

5. Does it look like Dallas O line is getting some consistentcy? 

6. If so, can they hold up against NYG pass rush?

40 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

Questions:

1. Do the birds start Wentz after 2 consecutive losses?

Nope. Jalen is better than Wentz. At least so far this year. Eagles lost because they have no defense.

2. If so, does he ball out as a shot at redemption?

See above

3. Who is QB for the team formerly know as Redskins?

Going to be Alex Smith

4. Can Dallas go into NY and continue to get TOs? This is a key component to our little win streak.

Daniel Jones has the second most turnovers the past 2 years.

5. Does it look like Dallas O line is getting some consistentcy? 

OL hasnt been bad in a while. Not great, but not bad.

6. If so, can they hold up against NYG pass rush?

Probably?

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

There talent is awful.

True, but they’ve gone pretty much totally dormant down the stretch w/ 7ppg and about 200 yds over last month. I think the lack of progress is his undoing. My conspiracy theory says Judge rids himself of the guy instrumental in bringing in the guy who may or may not have punched the HC too. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I don’t think WTF loses to Philthy if Alex Smith plays. I was really hoping for Carol Haskins to play before he fed his career to the tigers. 

If Smith starts, then yeah...I think Washington wins. 

Really curious how the vibe here changes after we get bumped in round 1. Like, I admit it's fun going to the playoffs, but I refuse to believe any "momentum" is going to last 8 months through the offseason and benefit us next season. Especially benefiting us more than a higher draft pick.

It's just shocking to me how we can never escape the 7-9 win seasons of mediocrity- even when our starting QB goes down.

2 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

Really curious how the vibe here changes after we get bumped in round 1. Like, I admit it's fun going to the playoffs, but I refuse to believe any "momentum" is going to last 8 months through the offseason and benefit us next season. Especially benefiting us more than a higher draft pick.

It's just shocking to me how we can never escape the 7-9 win seasons of mediocrity- even when our starting QB goes down.

Garrett was king 8-8.

But, the last two times our starter went down at QB we finished 13-3(2016) and 4-12(2015). This year we MAY get 7-9 but I’m not holding my breath. I do think we play hard next week. 

18 minutes ago, elevators_rule said:

This franchise is the definition of mediocre. 

3 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

I think there is some credence to the idea that buy-in to the coaching staff and offseason program is valuable, and winning down the stretch is a catalyst to that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been on Team Tank for a long time. But I’m also not such a miserable person that I can be unhappy with the idea of watching the Cowboys in a playoff game. It hasn’t happened very many times in the last 25 years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Meh.... getting bumped in the playoffs happens. I’ve seen us get the #1 overall seed in the playoffs twice in the last 13 years and get bumped the first game(2007, 2016). In the same time I’ve seen us get in as a WC and win the first round, twice(2014, 2018). The only playoff games we’ve won have been WC games, and I think our best team was in 2014. It’s all about getting hot at the right time, and don’t look now we are on a winning streak. Our offense looks great. Pollard is lighting a fire under Zeke and a two headed monster is forming. Our passing game is still deadly, and the OL is starting to gel. The defense is creating turnovers on the back end, and Randy Gregory is here just in time to assist Aldon and DLaw. 

Do I think we will win the super bowl? No. I don’t. I still have my doubts we even make the playoffs, but I could see a situation where we get in and make a tough out on someone. 

The Giants won it all squeaking in at 8-8. We lost to them as the #1 seed

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I think there is some credence to the idea that buy-in to the coaching staff and offseason program is valuable, and winning down the stretch is a catalyst to that.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve been on Team Tank for a long time. But I’m also not such a miserable person that I can be unhappy with the idea of watching the Cowboys in a playoff game. It hasn’t happened very many times in the last 25 years.

Yeah, I think it makes it a lot easier for rookies and vets alike to buy in to the new coaching staff if they win a playoff game or two. 
 Rather than being stuck on a hopeless 6-10 roster