GDT: Jump on board Team Playoffs...or is it Redball’s Revenge?

WizardHawk

2 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

He was forced into it by his coach not challenging the catch on the other end of the field. Had his coach challenged it this game would be Dallas up by 2 right now. Dalton went full Romo as he knew he needed a TD. 

Exactly it’s 3rd and goal from like the 20. CD dropped an easy pass. We completely ignored the run game on the most crucial drive with plenty of time. The prayer should have been thrown on 4th instead of 3rd probably, but it’s hysterical that people think Dak would have converted 3rd and goal from the 20 in bad weather.

leat we forget Dak went 19/33 for 200 yards 0 TDs and 1 pick in a loss to New England last year in bad weather.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

Hated the play calling that last drive

hated

I actually was okay with it except for the 1st and goal call. there yes a running play or more importantly the threat of a running play was the better option IMO.  Even with that the drop by Lamb and the terrible pass by Dalton.. jez..   he had Gallup open just short of end zone.. would have been 4th goal from 3-4 maybe.

2 minutes ago, Northland said:

Horrible decision or non decision by McCarthy not to challenge.  No disagreement there.  However, it was Dalton's decision to throw up a lame duck that got picked and effectively ended any hope of moving on.  His choice and his alone.

Again if the coach hadn't put him in that situation he wouldnt have had to go for the win by TD. The strategy changes when you only need 3 points. 

The only thing that pisses me off more are the pointless wins throughout the season only to come up with a dud when the team actually needed a team. If that's not the Cowboys the past 3 decades 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Team Hyped
Team Tank
Team Playoffs

Now on to Team Thank God it’s over

Isn't it team hype every year?  Regardless of the circumstances aren't we the team to beat every off season?  Isn't every training camp the start of this is the year?  I will always be a fan, or masochist depending upon ones perspective.  That being said I'm sick of the hype.  It won't matter who they cut or sign in the off season.  It won't matter who they draft.  Forget about the 5 Super Bowls won; that's ancient history.  There is a 25 year set of data that points to how mediocre this franchise is.  Oh they may tease all of us with some wins and competitive games but when push comes to shove they will fail.  It's in the DNA.  

4 minutes ago, Northland said:

Horrible decision or non decision by McCarthy not to challenge.  No disagreement there.  However, it was Dalton's decision to throw up a lame duck that got picked and effectively ended any hope of moving on.  His choice and his alone.

Its kind of hard to blame him given the circumstances. Even if that pass fell incomplete they were not going to be getting into the endzone with any amount of ease. The likelihood would probably have been stupidly low. Shouldn't have even been in that situation. 

Just now, buddy_z34 said:

Again if the coach hadn't put him in that situation he wouldnt have had to go for the win by TD. The strategy changes when you only need 3 points. 

The only thing that pisses me off more are the pointless wins throughout the season only to come up with a dud when the team actually needed a team. If that's not the Cowboys the past 3 decades 

I don't disagree with you re the HC not challenging.  However when you chuck up a duck it isn't going to end well in most cases.  And it didn't here.

1 minute ago, NoFlyZone said:

Its kind of hard to blame him given the circumstances. Even if that pass fell incomplete they were not going to be getting into the endzone with any amount of ease. The likelihood would probably have been stupidly low. Shouldn't have even been in that situation. 

He was in that situation.  And he chucked it up.  Didn't help that Lamb dropped a very catchable ball prior to that.  Bottom line is the Cowboys as a team failed to deliver when it counted most.  Again.

1 minute ago, Northland said:

He was in that situation.  And he chucked it up.  Didn't help that Lamb dropped a very catchable ball prior to that.  Bottom line is the Cowboys as a team failed to deliver when it counted most.  Again.

I just feel like it would have come down to completely forcing a throw into the endzone regardless and hoping for the best. It was basically over after Lamb's inexcusable drop. But yes, it was another pathetic showing when it mattered the most. I mean, we're talking about losing a struggle to a 5-10 Giants team. How McCarthy gets a free pass from Jerry is beyond me. I feel like he had an objectively bad showing, and nothing is going to change. 

• Like 1

Sure they needed the win but also needed help. The higher draft pick has more worth than winning the division 

Isn't it team hype every year?  Regardless of the circumstances aren't we the team to beat every off season?  Isn't every training camp the start of this is the year? 

And nothing will change next year. We will in all likelihood have Dak Prescott back with a big contract and no distractions. Tyron Smith and La’ell Collins will be healthy and ready to along with Zack Martin. All three of our WRs will still be here and Jarwin will come back to aid the emerging Dalton Schultz. Gallimore and Hill will be more developed, Randy Gregory FINALLY gets a full off season and gets to start the year. Something that hasn’t happened since his rookie season. DLaw and Aldon will probably both be back. We may have a new D Coordinator and our hopes for LVE and Jaylon return. Trevon Diggs will be presumed a shut down CB before he takes a snap next season. D.Wilson will be the next Ed Reed after a full off season. 

All that and we’ll have a shiny new top ten draft pick rookie. Yes... I can see it nowww... Next year for the boyz

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

And nothing will change next year. We will in all likelihood have Dak Prescott back with a big contract and no distractions. Tyron Smith and La’ell Collins will be healthy and ready to along with Zack Martin. All three of our WRs will still be here and Jarwin will come back to aid the emerging Dalton Schultz. Gallimore and Hill will be more developed, Randy Gregory FINALLY gets a full off season and gets to start the year. Something that hasn’t happened since his rookie season. DLaw and Aldon will probably both be back. We may have a new D Coordinator and our hopes for LVE and Jaylon return. Trevon Diggs will be presumed a shut down CB before he takes a snap next season. D.Wilson will be the next Ed Reed after a full off season. 

All that and we’ll have a shiny new top ten draft pick rookie. Yes... I can see it nowww... Next year for the boyz

You're right the hype will begin for the reasons you mentioned.  My attitude of philosophy with this club is STFU and win some games.  

6 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

Sure they needed the win but also needed help. The higher draft pick has more worth than winning the division 

Agree re the draft pick.  Chances are that with the Eagles resting so many starters the Washington Football Team is going to win anyway.  Of course should the Eagles win then the debate over the debacle vs the Giants will never end.