GDT: Jump on board Team Playoffs...or is it Redball’s Revenge?

WizardHawk

5 hours ago, elevators_rule said:

Really curious how the vibe here changes after we get bumped in round 1. Like, I admit it's fun going to the playoffs, but I refuse to believe any "momentum" is going to last 8 months through the offseason and benefit us next season. Especially benefiting us more than a higher draft pick.

It's just shocking to me how we can never escape the 7-9 win seasons of mediocrity- even when our starting QB goes down.

If we go to the playoffs I am pretty sure none of us have super high expectations of winning. The bucs are probably going to smack us hard.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Nope. Jalen is better than Wentz. At least so far this year. Eagles lost because they have no defense.

See above

Going to be Alex Smith

Daniel Jones has the second most turnovers the past 2 years.

OL hasnt been bad in a while. Not great, but not bad.

Probably?

Thank you Matt's.

• Like 1

Not set in stone we get TB. If TB looses and Rams win division winner get Rams.  I would much rather play Ram.   No way can our D even come close to handling Brady an Gronk

Frankly I  real undecided.  I like a playoff game but I don’t like a higher draft pick.  To be honest schedule is what it is though playing Seattle GB NO would not be fun.  

4 hours ago, quiller said:

Not set in stone we get TB. If TB looses and Rams win division winner get Rams.  I would much rather play Ram.   No way can our D even come close to handling Brady an Gronk

Frankly I  real undecided.  I like a playoff game but I don’t like a higher draft pick.  To be honest schedule is what it is though playing Seattle GB NO would not be fun.  

Rams are a much better matchup, for sure.

4 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I’m definitely Team Playoffs.

But for sure we are about to win our 4th in a row, only to have the Redskins win in the evening. 

Yup, I believe you are correct. With Smith coming back and Eagles sitting so many starters, he’s gonna pick them apart. Looks like we are destined for a 15-20 pick (again)

36 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

Yup, I believe you are correct. With Smith coming back and Eagles sitting so many starters, he’s gonna pick them apart. Looks like we are destined for a 15-20 pick (again)

I think we pick ~13 if we win tomorrow but miss the playoffs. 19 if we get in and lose in the first round. Could be worse

59 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I think we pick ~13 if we win tomorrow but miss the playoffs. 19 if we get in and lose in the first round. Could be worse

Pick range if we lose tomorrow: 7-10

Pick range if we win tomorrow but don’t make playoffs: 11-15

Looking at the other NFL matchups for those scenarios, our expected value of the picks is probably #9 and #14, respectively.

So you are looking at a 10 pick difference from losing tomorrow vs. making the playoffs. From a trade value chart standpoint, that’s a 475 point swing... the equivalent of a mid 2nd round draft pick.

I don’t blame Team Tank. But still, give me more meaningful Cowboys football.

On 12/28/2020 at 1:23 PM, WizardHawk said:

True, but they’ve gone pretty much totally dormant down the stretch w/ 7ppg and about 200 yds over last month. I think the lack of progress is his undoing. My conspiracy theory says Judge rids himself of the guy instrumental in bringing in the guy who may or may not have punched the HC too. lol

That and their has been very little aggression in the offense under Garret. When Garret missed a game due to Covid and Freddie Kitchens took over, we saw a noticeable difference in how that game was called. The offense didn't do any better, but it was still nice to see an attempt at a scheme that was looking to do more then just gain 10 yards for a first down.

Also all of the coaches brought in were Judge guys except for Garrett and Columbo. 

Last but not least, when the offense line was struggling due to the technique that was being taught them. Judge took over and taught the O-Line the right technique to use and they played better right after. I am pretty  sure Judge and Giants fans are thinking, why is Judge fixing the O-Line. If Columbo and Garrett aren't capable of doing such, then they are not needed.

I don't think either team has anything to worry about.

The Iggles are not playing anyone. D. Jackson, Sanders, Cox, Mills, Goddard, and others are sitting.

Washington will roll them tonight. As for who wins this one, I would like to go out on a high note.

DO WE HAVE TO LISTEN TO AIKMEN.... Sigh.. one of my favorite players of all time...   but have learned to absolutely hate him doing Cowboys games. 

if we make it we could beat the Rams if all the stars align...   but I don't see it as no way can our OL/QB handle Donald. 

I have zero expectation of Philly keeping it close to Washington.