Week 17: VIKINGS (6-9) at Lions (5-10)

swede700

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

The only thing that would have kept Diggs happy would have been a change in coaching, and a change in offensive philosophy. 

That has a good percentage to do with it as well. 

I like Zimmer, but this old school running the ball approach doesn’t work in a modern NFL

you need a great QB who can elevate the players around him 

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Agreed. But there are members of the board who keep showing up week after week and act like this team would be winning the Super Bowl if we'd kept Diggs. 

To be fair I was trying to illustrate my point about Cousins poor performance of checking down and talking sacks today. 

not sure what else there is to discuss in this poor excuse for a game

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

To be fair I was trying to illustrate my point about Cousins poor performance of checking down and talking sacks today. 

not sure what else there is to discuss in this poor excuse for a game

Cousins is over 300 yards and has 3 TDs today...

Does he have stinkers? Yes. He sure does. Believe me, I wasn't a fan of signing him initially, or of giving him the extension, but at his worst, he was still better than what Diggs played with before. He's also had a swiss cheese OL most of his time here. The fact that he takes sacks, pushes the ball downfield, and doesn't check down like Sam Bradford did tells me that he might have a run in him. Is it likely? Maybe not. But even Joe Flacco got to a Super Bowl once. I'd love to draft Kirk's replacement this year if we think he's available. But he's hardly the reason we've sucked this year. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

JJ all-time leader for rookie receiving yards. 

This is a kid that we should be feeding the rock. He needs to be targeted in the top 10 , he will make plays if he is. I just hope we can utilize his abilities to his maximum potential or I guarantee we will see some trouble.

1 minute ago, Illadelegend215 said:

This is a kid that we should be feeding the rock. He needs to be targeted in the top 10 , he will make plays if he is. I just hope we can utilize his abilities to his maximum potential or I guarantee we will see some trouble.

Won’t happen until the offensive philosophy changes 

1 minute ago, Illadelegend215 said:

Based on what? He was basically a third option at LSU. There's absolutely no evidence of him being a diva or being unhappy with his role there. 

Is it based on one soundbite caught on tape in a season without fans? Because I'll guarantee that stuff is said in each and every game, but you just never hear it with 70,000 people in the stands.