Washington Releases Dwayne Haskins

HolmesPriest

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I said he needed another year or two at OSU. He struggled with pressure and downfield accuracy due to footwork and scheme. 1 year starters rarely if ever pan out at the quarterback position.

Honestly, the football issues are secondary in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, the football issues are secondary in my opinion. 

To a point, sure, but Big Ben basically did the same stuff if not worse for 10+ years and is a HOF due to talent and football ability. If he was producing at a high level then people would come alongside him, but he’s terrible because of flaws coming out AND the off field issues.

• Like 1

I remember watching the GQ series on YouTube called something like How I Spent My First Million. Dwayne Haskins did like taxes, Bentley, jewelery, clothing, food. Not house or some sort of investment of anykind that most talk about. Compared to like Tua it is hard to watch something like that and then convince yourself this person does not feel like they have already reached the pinnacle. You need to have kept the dream ahead of yourself. If a couple million and first round pick status was the goal, then it's all over. I hope he sees his taste of the top of the world is temporary and he has to grind to get an opportunity again and if it happens make better choices (and get better advice).

Edited by Trojan

This guy was a disaster from the minute he was drafted.  Drafted by a lame duck GM trying to save his job by selecting the QB who knew the owner's son, to play for a lame duck HC in the final year of his contract.  Dwayne Haskins should have been a 3rd round pick and gone to an organization with a disciplinarian that could put this guy's head on straight.  He has terrible accuracy, like I question how he ever had such a high completion rate in college type accuracy.  He shows no pocket presence at all.  He shows no ability to make reads or progressions in an offense. 

Just now, Trojan said:

I remember watching the GQ series on YouTube called something like How I Spent My First Million. Dwayne Haskins did like taxes, Bentley, jewelery, clothing, food. Not house or some sort of investment of anykind that most talk about. Compared to like Tua it is hard to watch something like that and then convince yourself this person does not feel like they have already reached the pinnacle. You need to have kept the dream ahead of yourself. If a couple million and first round pick status was the goal, then it's all over. I hope he see's his taste of the top of the world is temporary and he has to grind to get an opportunity again and if it happens make better choices (and get better advice).

He also stated as soon as he was drafted him and his dad were going to create the next Big Baller Brand.  This guy never concentrated on making himself a better football player.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This guy was a disaster from the minute he was drafted.  Drafted by a lame duck GM trying to save his job by selecting the QB who knew the owner's son, to play for a lame duck HC in the final year of his contract.  Dwayne Haskins should have been a 3rd round pick and gone to an organization with a disciplinarian that could put this guy's head on straight.  He has terrible accuracy, like I question how he ever had such a high completion rate in college type accuracy.  He shows no pocket presence at all.  He shows no ability to make reads or progressions in an offense. 

Because he would check it down to Parris Campbell 70% of the time, even though McLaurin was dusting every cb he faced. Half his passing yardage totals were wr's getting yac.

Edited by Jeezla