End of an error: Dwayne Haskins Released

MikeT14

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

I see his numbers didn't improve this year, but there has to be more towards him getting ousted that quickly and you guys feeling as strongly about it as you do. Enlighten me.

It’s a combination of him not being prepared on the field, not studying hard enough, playing poorly when’s he’s gotten the chance most of the time this year and he broke Covid-19 protocols twice. He’s not mature enough to be an NFL QB.

Well I guess that closes to book on it.  Haskins got a raw deal here but he sure didn't help himself with his immaturity.  No matter how talented a guy is, you can't overcome that immaturity at a position that is so demanding.

I am glad Rivera is willing to cut players, but we got to end this cycle of getting nothing or less compensation for guys than we could.

My big question here though is can philly pick him up before the game to pick his brain?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Danger said:

I see his numbers didn't improve this year, but there has to be more towards him getting ousted that quickly and you guys feeling as strongly about it as you do. Enlighten me.

There is, just wait for the leaks over the next couple days. If there is one thing this franchise is good at, it’s trashing guys on the way out the door

• Like 1

Apart of me feels somewhat kind-of bad, because last year he was trying to rally the team around him and that didn't really pan out for him nor the team. But this year?! He definitely did not bring that same energy and he just kept he digging a hole deeper and deeper with the strip club photos, not follow NFL's COVID-19 protocols and also his technics to read the defense coverage then try to make plays? It was too much not only for Ron Rivera but just too much for the team in general.

I believed that week 16 game was gonna be his last straw if he lose the game against the Panthers which obliviously happened. But, if had Dwayne Haskins Jr. came with a win? Do y'all think Dwayne would've been cut anyway?  

But anyway hope he finds a new home, new begins and hope his slate is clean. Good Luck DH.  

25 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Well I guess that closes to book on it.  Haskins got a raw deal here but he sure didn't help himself with his immaturity.  No matter how talented a guy is, you can't overcome that immaturity at a position that is so demanding.

I am glad Rivera is willing to cut players, but we got to end this cycle of getting nothing or less compensation for guys than we could.

My big question here though is can philly pick him up before the game to pick his brain?

There’s no brain to pick... go ahead Eagles lol. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Not worth it. They don't wanna pick up that contract just to try and knock us out of the playoffs. They could wait till he clears waivers I suppose.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Not worth it. They don't wanna pick up that contract just to try and knock us out of the playoffs. They could wait till he clears waivers I suppose.

I see, they wouldn't want to eat that cap hit.  But won't he clear waivers in a couple days and then they could just sign him to a minimum salary to finish season?