Jump to content

Around the League week 17


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

I think a lot of that had to deal with Marinelli. He just didn’t value the DT position far enough to warrant higher draft picks 

To a degree, I mean Maliek Collins is basically the epitome of a Marinelli-style under tackle. It’s also true that Dallas hasn’t taken a DT in the first since Russell Maryland (if you don’t count Marcus Spears- if you do, that’s 2005), so it’s not just Rod’s influence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, matt79511 said:

They have varying qualities of DL, pass rush, run stopping. Obviously the Rams have Aaron Donald, while the Dolphins are built more from the back to the front. I'm not going to do the research for you, because you choose to be woefully misinformed about the degree to which Dallas invests in its secondary compared to the average team. I don't know why they don't give a **** about 1-tech but to suggest they absolutely love drafting DBs and do so at all costs is poppycock. LB is the position the Joneses braindeadly believe will lead them to defensive success.

I disagree

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I really really questioned the announcers who kept saying that. We beat the breaks off them because they had a corner who gave up like 200 yards and 3 tds on like 5-10 attempts. It was freaking nuts. I've never seen 1 cb get harassed that badly.

THAT!!! Is actually a great sign that our DC figured out a weakness, a mismatch, and exploited it perfectly!!! I have NEVER seen us do this to this degree in almost 30 years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I wanna go to the defensive tackle thing, since you two have your own thread and @Rtnldave almost has a point.

I freaking love this place!!! 😂😂😂😂

56 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

In 2016, the Cowboys passed on DeForest Buckner at #4 overall and Chris Jones at #34 overall. Those two are arguably the two best DTs in the NFL not named Donald and were not only starters for last year's SB participants, but probably the best overall players on SF and KC's defenses respectively.

Thing is, Dallas didn't pass on them for Jalen Ramsey and Vonn Bell. They passed on them for Zeke and Jaylon. I believe a lot of this team's current problems can be traced back to those two picks and their ramifications (i.e. the urge to double down and overpay both of them). I certainly feel as if we sacrificed more opportunity cost at 4th and 34th overall than, say, 60th and 92nd (where Awuzie and Lewis were drafted the year after).

Feel like I'm stating the obvious here, but for as much as people like to say "we could've had Ramsey and Henry instead of Zeke and Jaylon," not landing a foundational piece on the DL when those guys were available really stings.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Burrow is injured. Is he injury prone?

Seriously?

Dak has been in a body bag the last two seasons with injuries. He finished last season with a sprained AC joint in his throwing shoulder, and broken fingers. Which is why he wasn’t playing so well at the end of last year. He made it 5 games this year. He is a mobile QB that breaks down by years end, and hasn’t escaped the last two years without major injury. 

Is he injury prone?

Edited by DaBoys
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Seriously?

Dak has been in a body bag the last two seasons with injuries. He finished last season with a sprained AC joint in his throwing shoulder, and broken fingers. Which is why he wasn’t playing so well at the end of last year. He made it 5 games this year. He is a mobile QB that breaks down by years end, and hasn’t escaped the last two years without major injury. 

Is he injury prone?

Think you might have missed Matt’s point on this one...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Think you might have missed Matt’s point on this one...

He’s wondering if Joe Burrow is injury prone while in support of a QB who is in fact injured. Matts points are like scatterplots

Edited by DaBoys
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He’s wondering if Joe Burrow is injury prone while in support of a QB who is in fact injured. Matts points are like scatterplots

Pretty sure he’s making that point facetiously to show the fact that it’s far too early to make calls on this rookie QB class.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

He’s wondering if Joe Burrow is injury prone while in support of a QB who is in fact injured. Matts points are like scatterplots

lol - it hurts my brain that you didnt understand the point I was making. Thank God NYFB was my version of the Key and Peele "President translator". 

Honestly I dont understand how it wasnt obvi. I was very clearly being tongue in cheek to say its a bit early.

Edited by Matts4313
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

lol - it hurts my brain that you didnt understand the point I was making. Thank God NYFB was my version of the Key and Peele "President translator". 

Honestly I dont understand how it wasnt obvi. I was very clearly being tongue in cheek to say its a bit early.

I don’t know dude... I remember when LaDainian Tomlinson was overrated because he could have gotten injured.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

I don’t know dude... I remember when LaDainian Tomlinson was overrated because he could have gotten injured.  

Zeke 30 for 30: Julius Jones should get fat so he can run faster.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Y'know I really would have loved to have seen the general consensus on things back when Aikman was QB and he missed time (especially during the playoffs) with injuries...

That would have been interesting. Because Aikman suffered 9 (?) documented concussions. He got hit A LOT. And that is with the "greatest OL ever" according to many. The issue is 3 fold.

1. Norv wanted every pass to be 80 yards long.

2. Our OL couldnt sustain blocks for 7 step drops.

3. Aikman held the ball to long by today standards.

 

My guess is this place would have been an absolute warzone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Pretty sure he’s making that point facetiously to show the fact that it’s far too early to make calls on this rookie QB class.

I got it. I disagree though. Knocking Burrow because he is injured is dumb 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...