Around the League week 17

textaz03

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I got it. I disagree though. Knocking Burrow because he is injured is dumb 

tenor.gif?itemid=17387159
tongue in cheek

phrase of tongue

1. in an ironic, flippant, or insincere way.
5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He’ll get another chance

To bust again? Or do you think he will go back to not being worth the #2 pick outside of 9 games?

😁

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
tongue in cheek

phrase of tongue

1. in an ironic, flippant, or insincere way.

To bust again? Or do you think he will go back to not being worth the #2 pick outside of 9 games?

😁

So you make a “point” that apparently I didn’t get. Then when I say the point is dumb you say you were just joking. Looks like it was NYFTB that didn’t understand you

Edited by DaBoys

2 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

So you make a “point” that apparently I didn’t get. Then when I say the point is dumb you say you were just joking. Looks like it was NYFTB that didn’t understand you

giphy.gif

No... He was spot on 100%. 

11 hours ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Pretty sure he’s making that point facetiously to show the fact that it’s far too early to make calls on this rookie QB class.

fa·ce·tious
/fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

giphy.gif

No... He was spot on 100%. 

fa·ce·tious
/fəˈsēSHəs/

adjective

1. treating serious issues with deliberately inappropriate humor; flippant.

What are you doing? Are you now correcting me for saying you were “joking?” 

I’m so sorry Matts, you weren’t joking you were using deliberately inappropriate humor. Because those two things are nothing alike.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

What are you doing? Are you now correcting me for saying you were “joking?” 

I’m so sorry Matts, you weren’t joking you were using deliberately inappropriate humor. Because those two things are nothing alike.

Im correcting you for saying NYFB didnt understand it. You were the one that had to be explained how I was being flippant. Drink some coffee and reread the last 2 pages homie. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Im correcting you for saying NYFB didnt understand it. You were the one that had to be explained how I was being flippant. Drink some coffee and reread the last 2 pages homie. 

He didn’t say you were joking though. He said you were making a point. You weren’t. You were just being flippant.

Either way. I’ve already stated that I believe 60 plus % of first round QBs are doing well in todays NFL. Haskins was already a bust before he got cut. Him being released doesn’t change much. Unless RBs are not a dime a dozen because Trent Richardsons and Leonard Fournettes exist.

33 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

He didn’t say you were joking though. He said you were making a point. You weren’t. You were just being flippant.

...... oh boy. You still dont get it. I was making a point while being facetious. There was no joke. No one was supposed to laugh. 

Either way. I’ve already stated that I believe 60 plus % of first round QBs are doing well in todays NFL. Haskins was already a bust before he got cut. Him being released doesn’t change much. Unless RBs are not a dime a dozen because Trent Richardsons and Leonard Fournettes exist.

60%????!???!? Really? 60%? Over what timeframe? You better make it extremely specific. Because 1 year before or after and you are going to look silly

Also - I love you had to go like 5-10 years back to find a second RB that sucked. 

Edited by Matts4313

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

...... oh boy. You still dont get it. I was making a point while being facetious. There was no joke. No one was supposed to laugh. 

60%????!???!? Really? 60%? Over what timeframe? You better make it extremely specific. Because 1 year before or after and you are going to look silly

Also - I love you had to go like 5-10 years back to find a second RB that sucked. 

We already went over this in the Dak thread. 66.7% of the QBs drafted in the first round in last 5 NFL drafts have had success in this league. This isn’t 1995. There’s Paxton Lynch, Haskins, and Rosen. There are also guys like Mahomes, Watson, and Allen. Then you have your Goffs, Lamars, Wentzs, and Darnolds. 

Think about it this way. The NFL is making it easier and easier to throw the ball. The average yards per game, the average Passing TDs per game, the average ANY/A, the average QBR have all increased, and continue to rise every year, while the average number of interceptions thrown continues to fall.

If every metric used to rate QBs is getting more favorable it only makes sense that the success rate of rookie QBs is rising right along with it. They go hand in hand. You can’t tell me you agree that it’s getting easier to throw the ball, but it’s still just as hard to find a good QB as it used to be. That makes no sense. 

Rookie QB records are falling every year. Baker had the rookie passing TD record then Herbert broke it. I expect Herberts record to fall as early as next year. This is todays nfl. 

45 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There are simply more QBs drafted in round 1 than there are RBs. I have to go back three years just to get 3 first round RBs. 

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We already went over this in the Dak thread. 66.7% of the QBs drafted in the first round in last 5 NFL drafts have had success in this league. This isn’t 1995. There’s Paxton Lynch, Haskins, and Rosen. There are also guys like Mahomes, Watson, and Allen. Then you have your Goffs, Lamars, Wentzs, and Darnolds. 

by my count, 85% of the first round QBs lately are worse than Dak. With a big chunk of them bust.